Method for calculating the duration of vacuum drying of a metal-concrete container for spent nuclear fuel
- 97 Downloads
A method for calculating the quantity of moisture in a metal-concrete container in the process of its charging with spent nuclear fuel is proposed. A computing method and results obtained by it for conservative estimation of the time of vacuum drying of a container charged with spent nuclear fuel by technologies with quantization and without quantization of the lower fuel element cluster are presented. It has been shown that the absence of quantization in loading spent fuel increases several times the time of vacuum drying of the metal-concrete container.
Keywordsspent nuclear fuel “dry’ storage metal-concrete containers quantization vacuum drying
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Yu. E. Karyakin, S. A. Lavrent’ev, N. V. Pavlyukevich, A. A. Pletnev, and E. D. Fedorovich, Calculation of the process of vacuum drying of a metal-concrete container with spent nuclear fuel, Inzh.-Fiz. Zh., 85, No. 1, 158–166 (2012).Google Scholar
- 2.V. I. Baikov, Z. P. Shul’man, and K. Éngel’gardt, Entrapment of water in removing the cylinder from it, Zh. Prikl. Mekh. Tekh. Fiz., No. 2, 22–27 (1984).Google Scholar
- 3.V. O. Astaf'eva, Yu. E. Karyakin, A. A. Pletnev, and E. D. Fedorovich, Simulation of heat and mass transfer processes in technological operations of preparing the RBMK-1000 reactor spent nuclear fuel for “dry” container storage, in: Research Works and Innovation Activity: Proc. Sci.-Pract. Conf., Izd. Politekh. Univ., St. Petersburg (2009), pp. 87–97.Google Scholar
- 4.N. N. Davidenko, Yu. E. Karyakin, A. A. Pletnev, and E. D. Fedorovich, Calculation of the duration of vacuum drying of a metal-concrete container in the process of preparing spent nuclear fuel for “dry” container storage, in: Research Works and Innovation Activity: Proc. Sci.-Pract. Conf., Izd. Politekh. Univ., St. Petersburg (2008), pp. 57–65.Google Scholar
- 5.V. O. Astaf’eva, Simulation of the Heat Transfer Processes and Analysis of the Temperature State of Fuel Elements in the Period of Loading RBMK Reactor Spent Nuclear Fuel into a Container, Author’s Abstract of Candidate’s Dissertation (in Engineering), St. Petersburg (2006).Google Scholar
- 6.I. E. Idel’chik, Handbook on Hydraulic Resistances [Russian translation], Mashinostroenie, Moscow (1992).Google Scholar