Moving Heat Source Response in a Thermoelastic Microelongated Solid
- 86 Downloads
The present paper deals with thermoelastic interactions in a microelongated, isotropic, homogeneous medium in the presence of a moving heat source. In this context, the generalized theory of heat conduction is considered. In order to illustrate the results obtained, a numerical solution for aluminum epoxy-like material is obtained, and the variations of the displacement, microelongation, normal strain, and normal stress are presented. The results may be applied for damage characterization of materials.
Keywordsmoving heat source microelongation microstretch generalized heat conduction equation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.S. Kaliski, Wave equation of heat conduction, Bull. Acad. Pol. Sci., Ser. Sci. Tech., 13, 211–219 (1965).Google Scholar
- 3.S. Kaliski, Wave equation of thermoelasticity, Bull. Acad. Pol. Sci., Ser. Sci. Tech., 13, 253–360 (1965).Google Scholar
- 8.A. C. Eringen, Micropolar elastic solids with stretch, Ari Kitabevi Matbassi, 24, 1–18 (1971)Google Scholar
- 11.A. C. Eringen, Theory of micropolar fluids, J. Math. Mech., 15, 1–18 (1966).Google Scholar
- 14.J. N. Sharma, S. Kumar, and Y. D. Sharma, Effect of micropolarity, microstretch and relaxation times on Rayleigh surface waves in thermoelastic solids, Int. J. Appl. Math. Mech., 5, No. 2, 17–38 (2009).Google Scholar
- 15.R. Quintanilla, On spatial decay for the dynamic problem of thermomicrostretch elastic solid, Int. J. Eng. Sci., 40, 299–309 (2002).Google Scholar
- 18.H. M. Youssef, The dependence of the modulus of elasticity and thermal conductivity on the reference temperature in generalized thermoelasticity for an infinite material with a spherical cavity, J. Appl. Math. Mech., 26, No. 4 (2005).Google Scholar
- 19.H. M. Youssef, Generalized thermoelastic infinite medium with spherical cavity subjected to moving heat source, Comp. Math. Mode., 21, No. 2, 211–225 (2010).Google Scholar
- 20.A. Kiris and E. Inan, 3-D vibration analysis of the rectangular microdamaged plates, in: Proc. 8th Int. Conf. on Vibration Problems (ICOVP), India (2007), pp. 207–214.Google Scholar