Study of plastic deformation of the surface of an Ni2MnGa single crystal by the indentation method
- 62 Downloads
Distinctive features of plastic deformation of a magnetic Ni2MnGa alloy are studied by the method of local dosed deformation. It is found that the martensite phase of an Ni2MnGa single crystals is susceptible to mechanical twinning. Here twins represent thin lenses formed away from the imprint of the indenter.
Keywordsmagnetic alloy with shape memory plastic deformation Ni2MnGa Heusler alloy twinning indentation martensite austenite
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Yu. S. Boyarskaya, Deformation of Crystals in Microhardness Tests [in Russian], Shtiintsa, Kishinev (1972).Google Scholar
- 2.Yu. I. Golovin, Magnetic plasticity of solid bodies, Fiz. Tverd. Tela, 46, No. 5, 769–803 (2004).Google Scholar
- 3.O. M. Ostrikov and S. N. Dub, Effect of the rate of loading on the mechanism of plastic deformation in bismuth, Zh. Tekh. Fiz., 71, No. 5, 44–46 (2001).Google Scholar
- 4.O. M. Ostrikov, Mechanics of Twinning of Solid Bodies [in Russian], P. O. Sukhoi Gomel’ State Techn. Univ., Gomel’ (2008).Google Scholar
- 6.V. S. Boiko, R. I. Garber, and V. F. Kivshik, Dynamics of the development of a twin under concentrated loading, Fiz. Tverd. Tela, 17, No. 2, 3655–3657 (1975).Google Scholar
- 7.M. N. Vereshchagin, V. G. Shepelevich, and O. M. Ostrikov, Inhomogeneous Plastic Deformation of Iron-Based Amorphous Alloys [in Russian], P. O. Sukhoi Gomel’ State Techn. Univ., Gomel’ (2004).Google Scholar
- 8.M. N. Vereshchagin, V. G. Shepelevich, O. M. Ostrikov, and S. N. Tsybrankova, Characteristic features of plastic deformation on indentation of the surface of the amorphous alloy Fe–Cr–Mo–V–B–Si by a Vickers pyramid, Fiz. Metall. Metalloved., 93, No. 5, 101–104 (2002).Google Scholar
- 9.M. N. Vereshchagin, V. G. Shepelevich, O. M. Ostrikov, and S. N. Tsybrankova, Investigation into the characteristic features of plastic deformation of the amorphous alloy Fe–Cr–Mo–V–B–Si by the method of local deformation, Kristallografiya, 47, No. 4, 691–696 (2002).Google Scholar
- 11.R. N. Imashev, V. V. Koledov, Ch. Ya. Mulyukov, et al., Thermal expansion of the Ni2.14Mn0.81Fe0.05Ga alloy in macrocrystalline, submicron, and nanocrystalline states, Fiz. Tverd. Tela, 47, No. 10, 1867–1870 (2005).Google Scholar
- 12.V. V. Runov, M. K. Runova, and V. V. Khovailo, Mesostructure of Ni2+xMn1+xGa alloys in the region of concentrations corresponding to the combined magnetostructural transition, Fiz. Tverd. Tela, 52, No. 7, 1249–1252 (2010).Google Scholar
- 13.S. V. Eremeev, S. S. Kul’kov, and S. E. Kul’kova, Investigation of the Heusler alloy–semiconductor interfaces, Fiz. Tverd. Tela, 50, No. 2, 250–260 (2008).Google Scholar