On the basically single-type excitation source of resonance in the wind tunnel and in the hydroturbine channel of a hydraulic power plant
We have investigated the spectra of pressure pulsations in the near field of the open working section of the wind tunnel with a vortex flow behind the tunnel blower formed like the flow behind the hydroturbine of a hydraulic power plant. We have made a comparison between the measurement data for pressure pulsations and the air stream velocity in tunnels of the above type and in tunnels in which a large-scale vortex structure behind the blower is not formed. It has been established that the large-scale vortex formation in the incompressible medium behind the blade system in the wind tunnel is a source of narrow-band acoustic radiation capable of exciting resonance self-oscillations in the tunnel channel.
Keywordsself-oscillations acoustic radiation wind tunnel vortex structure blower hydroturbine hydroacoustic resonance ring vortex self-excitation sound level meter
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. P. Strelkov, G. A. Bendrikov, and N. A. Smirnov, Pulsations in wind tunnels and means of damping them, Tr. TsAGI, Issue 593, 1–56 (1946).Google Scholar
- 2.A. V. Zosimov, An acoustic method of controlling velocity and pressure pulsations in wind tunnels with an open working section, Tr. TsAGI, Issue 2292, 1–38 (1986).Google Scholar
- 3.R. K. Karavosov and A. G. Prozorov, Nonordinary excitation of hydroacoustic resonance in the hydroturbine circuit of the Sayano-Shushenskaya hydroelectric power plant, Inzh.-Fiz. Zh., 84, No. 3, 540–543 (2011).Google Scholar
- 4.R. K. Karavosov and A. G. Prozorov, Self-excitation of intense flow vibrations in a wind tunnel with an open working section, Tr. TsAGI, Issue 2475, 13–31 (1990).Google Scholar
- 5.V. I. Bryzgalov, From the Experience of Creation and Mastering of the Krasnoyarskaya and Sayano-Shushenskaya Hydroelectric Power Plants [in Russian], Sibirskii Izd. Dom “Surikov,” Krasnoyarsk (1999).Google Scholar
- 6.V. A. Vishnyakov and A. G. Prozorov, Investigation of self-excitation of flow vibrations in a wind tunnel and the possibilities of preventing it, Uch. Zap. TsAGI, 23, No. 4, 64–69 (1992).Google Scholar