Radiation and thermal diffusion effects on an unsteady MHD free convection mass-transfer flow past an infinite vertical porous plate with the hall current and a heat source
- 124 Downloads
An analysis is performed to study the effects of radiation and thermal diffusion on an unsteady MHD free convection heat- and mass-transfer flow of an incompressible, electrically conducting, viscous fluid past an infinite vertical porous plate with the Hall current and a heat source. The flow is considered under the influence of a constant suction velocity and a uniform magnetic field applied normally to the flow. The dimensionless governing equations are solved numerically by the Galerkin finite element method. The effects of the flow parameters on the primary and secondary velocities, temperature, species concentration, shearing stresses, Nusselt number, and Sherwood number are calculated and presented in figures and tables. The results obtained show that a decrease in the temperature boundary layer thickness occurs when the Prandtl number and radiation parameter are increased and an increase in the Schmidt number leads to a decrease in the concentration boundary layer thickness.
Keywordsmass transfer MHD Hall current suction velocity heat source Galerkin finite element method
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Md. Abdus Sattar and Md. Abdul Maleque, Unsteady MHD natural convection flow along an accelerated porous plate with Hall current and mass transfer in a rotating porous medium, J. Energy Heat Mass Transfer, 22, 67–72 (2000).Google Scholar
- 9.Md. Mahmud Alam and Md. Abdus Sattar, Unsteady MHD free convection and mass transfer flow in a rotating system with Hall current, viscous dissipation and Joule heating, J. Energy Heat Mass Transfer, 22, 31–39 (2000).Google Scholar
- 11.V. Ramachandra Prasad and N. Bhaskar Reddy, Radiation and mass transfer effects on an unsteady MHD convection flow past a semi-infinite vertical permeable moving plate embedded in a porous medium with viscous dissipation, Indian J. Pure Appl. Phys., 46, 81–92 (2008).Google Scholar
- 13.B. Shanker, B. Prabhakar Reddy, and J. Anand Rao, Radiation and mass transfer effects on unsteady MHD free convective fluid flow embedded in a porous medium with heat generation/absorption, Indian J. Pure Appl. Phys., 48, 157–165 (2010).Google Scholar
- 15.A. K. Singh, MHD free convection and mass transfer flow with Hall current, viscous dissipation, Joule heating and thermal diffusion, Indian J. Pure Appl. Phys., 41, 24–35 (2003).Google Scholar