Utilization of useless pesticides in a plasma reactor
Investigations on destruction of isophene C14H18O7N2 and the butyl ether of 2,4-dichlorophenoxyacetic acid (Cl2C6H3OCH2COOCH2CH(CH3)2) are performed. The plasma treatment of toxic waste is implemented in a plasma reactor with a three-jet mixing chamber. Air is used as the plasma-forming gas.
Keywordspesticide treatment plasma reactor plasma waste treatment
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. L. Mossé, D. Gebeker, and G. N. Kuznetsov, Use of a plasma reactor with a three-jet mixing chamber for processing liquid toxic waste materials, Inzh.-Fiz. Zh., 70, No. 1, 87–92 (1997).Google Scholar
- 2.L. A. Fedorov, Dioxins as an Environmental Hazard: Retrospect and Prospects [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1993).Google Scholar
- 3.http:www.helco.com.ua/pestecidi.html/ “Crystal” Setup. Decontamination of Unsuitable Pesticides, Rocket Fuel, Fertilizers, and Other Toxic Waste.
- 4.http:www.greenpeace.org/russia/ru/press/reports/154247/ Handling Pesticides without Combustion.
- 5.R. Ouellette, M. Barbier, P. Cheremisinoff, et al., Low-Temperature Plasma Technology Applications [Russian translation], Énergoatomizdat, Moscow (1983).Google Scholar
- 6.R. W. Smith, R. Mutharasan, R. Knight., D. Luu, and K. Malladi, Plasma energy recycle and conversion (PERC) of hazardous waste materials, Thermal Plasma Proc. VDI BERICHTE, No 1166, 667–674 (1995).Google Scholar
- 7.A. L. Mosse, V. D. Shimanovich, E. M. Ermolaeva, V. V. Azharonok, A. V. Gorbunov, L. E. Krat’ko, A. N. Knak, and N. I. Chubrik, Plasma-chemical reactor of multijet type for hazardous pesticides utilization, 4th Int. Conf. Plasma Phys. and Plasma Technol. PPPT-4, September 2003, Minsk, Belarus.Google Scholar
- 8.A. L. Mossé, A. V. Gorbunov, and E. M. Ermolaeva, Plasma Processing of Toxic Organic and Halogen-Containing Wastes. Problems and Prospects of Their Decontamination, Preprint No. 2 of the Heat and Mass Transfer Institute of the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus, Minsk (2003).Google Scholar
- 9.S. Ramakrishnan and R. T. Deam, PLASCON technology for waste management — an Australian experience, 11th Int. Symp. on Plasma Chemistry, August 1993, London, England, Loughborough, (1993), Vol. 2, pp. 686–691.Google Scholar
- 10.V. D. Shimanovich, V. V. Azharonok, L. E. Krat’ko, N. X. Chubrik, A. L. Mosse, A. V. Gorbunov, E. M. Ermolaeva, and A. N. Knak, Physical and chemical investigation of pesticide utilization process in electric arc plasma reactor, Proc. 3 rd Int. Conf. on Plasma Physics and Technol., September 2000, Minsk, Belarus (2000), Vol. 2, pp. 616–619.Google Scholar
- 11.V. D. Shimanovich, V. V. Azharonok, A. L. Mossé, E. M. Ermolaeva, and A. N. Knak, Analysis of gases in processing pesticides in an electric-arc plasma reactor, Zh. Prikl. Spektrosk., 68, No. 4, 515–220 (2001).Google Scholar
- 12.V. D. Shimanovich, V. V. Azharonok, A. L. Mossé, E. M. Ermolaeva, and A. N. Knak, Heat-transfer processes in a plasma reactor in destruction of pesticides, Inzh.-Fiz. Zh., 74, No. 4, 89–94 (2001).Google Scholar
- 13.I. P. Narkevich and V. V. Pechkovskii, Utilization and Liquidation of Waste in the Technology of Inorganic Substances [in Russian], Khimiya, Moscow (1984).Google Scholar
- 14.G. D. Kharlampovich and R. I. Kudryasheva, Wasteless Technological Processes in the Chemical Industry [in Russian], Khimiya, Moscow (1978).Google Scholar