Mathematical modeling of the heat treatment and combustion of a coal particle. III. Volatile escape stage
- 53 Downloads
The present paper is a continuation of previous publications of the authors in this journal in which two phases of the multistage process of combustion of a coal particle were considered in detail with the help of mathematical modeling: its radiation-convection heating and drying. In the present work, the escape dynamics of volatiles is investigated. The physico-mathematical model of the thermodestruction of an individual coal particle with a dominant influence of endothermal effects has been formulated. Approximate-analytical solutions of this model that are of paramount importance for detailed analysis of the influence of the physical and regime parameters on the escape dynamics of volatiles have been found. The results obtained form the basis for engineering calculations of the volatile escape stage and can be used successfully in the search for effective regimes of burning of various solid fuels, in particular, Shivé-Ovoos coal of Mongolia.
Keywordscoal combustion heating drying burning coke residue mathematical model evaporation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. F. Strunnikov, Escape of volatiles from a solid fuel, in: G. F. Knorre (Ed.), Investigation of the Processes of Combustion of Natural Fuel [in Russian], Izd. GÉI, Moscow–Leningrad (1948), pp. 108–110.Google Scholar
- 2.V. I. Babii and Yu. F. Kuvaev, Coal Dust Combustion and Calculation of the Coal-Dust Flame [in Russian], Énergoatomizdat, Moscow (1986).Google Scholar
- 4.S. M. Reprintseva, Thermal Decomposition of Dispersion Solid Fuels [in Russian], Nauka i Tekhnika, Minsk (1965).Google Scholar
- 5.V. M. Gyurdzhiyants, Pyrolysis in Combustion Processes and in Thermal Technologies of Processing Solid Power-Generating Fuels [in Russian], Izd. Novosibirsk Élektrotekh. Univ., Novosibirsk (1989).Google Scholar
- 6.V. V. Salomatov, Methods for Calculating Nonlinear Processes of Heat Transfer [in Russian], Pt. 2, Izd. Tomsk Gos. Univ., Tomsk (1978).Google Scholar
- 7.V. V. Salomatov, Methods for Calculating Nonlinear Processes of Heat Transfer [in Russian], Pt. 1, Izd. Tomsk Gos. Univ., Tomsk (1976).Google Scholar
- 8.L. S. Leibenzon, Collection of Works [in Russian], Vol. 4, Izd. AN SSSR, Moscow (1965), pp. 71–89.Google Scholar
- 9.Problems in Combustion Theory [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1970).Google Scholar