Mathematical simulation of a twisted pseudoplastic fluid flow in a cylindrical channel
- 55 Downloads
The results of investigations of a pseudoplastic fluid twisted flow in a cylindrical channel are presented. With increase in the shear stresses caused by the flow twisting, the effective viscosity decreases. As a result, in the axial part of the channel a zone of lower pressure is formed which, at smaller flow twisting, leads to the formation of the zone of backward flows.
Keywordsbitumen rheology pseudoplastic fluid twisted flows
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.F. V. Karpeko and A. A. Gureev, Bitumen Emulsions. Principles of Physicochemical Production and Application [in Russian], Khimiya, Moscow (1998).Google Scholar
- 2.W. L. Wilkinson, Non-Newtonian Fluids. Fluid Mechanics, Mixing and Heat Transfer [Russian translation], Mir, Moscow (1964).Google Scholar
- 3.A. M. Kutepov, L. D. Polyanin, Z. D. Zapryanov, et al., Chemical Hydrodynamics: Handbook [in Russian], Byuro Kvantum, Minsk (1996).Google Scholar
- 4.G. M. Ostrovskii, Applied Mechanics of Inhomogeneous Media [in Russian], Nauka, St. Petersburg (2000).Google Scholar
- 5.S. Patankar, Numerical Methods for Solving Problems of Heat Transfer and Fluids Dynamics [Russian translation], Énergoatomizdat, Moscow (1983).Google Scholar