Molecular-statistical description of the specific heat of thermal-vacancy crystals. 1. statistical model of allowance for the contribution of the vacancy subsystem to the lattice specific heat of crystals
- 36 Downloads
A simple statistical model of a condensed system with pair particle interaction, which is described by the Lennard-Jones potential, has been proposed. Under the assumption that the probability of filling a microcell pair is equal to the product of the probabilities of filling single cells, a variational problem on minimization of free energy by the model’s internal parameter has been formulated. An analytical expression for the addition to the vibrational specific heat of a molecular vacancy crystal has been obtained. A refined model in which the correlation in filling microcell pairs with pores is allowed for has been considered; a refined expression for the addition to the vibrational specific heat, which contains the corresponding small corrections, has been obtained.
Keywordscondensed molecular system thermal vacancies statistical model correlation conditional-distribution method correlative functions average-force potential lattice specific heat
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.I. I. Narkevich, Statistical study of crystal lattice relaxation in the vicinity of different-nature defects, Vestsi Akad. Navuk BSSR, Ser. Fiz.-Mat. Navuk, No. 4, 86–92 (1988).Google Scholar
- 3.I. I. Narkevich, Method of Lagrange multipliers in the problem of normalization of the correlative functions of multicomponent crystals with defects, Vysokochist. Veshchestva, No. 1, 67–75 (1990).Google Scholar
- 4.I. I. Narkevich, Molecular-Statistical Theory of Inhomogeneous Condensed Media, Author’s Abstract of Doctoral Dissertation (in Physics and Mathematics), St. Petersburg (1993).Google Scholar
- 5.I. I. Narkevich and A. V. Zharkevich, Molecular-statistical description of nonuniformly deformed specimens. 1. Formulation of the problem and method for solving it, Inzh.-Fiz. Zh., 73, No. 6, 1313–1319 (2000).Google Scholar
- 6.I. I. Narkevich, S. I. Lobko, A. V. Zharkevich, and P. P. Kazakov, Molecular-statistical description of nonuniformly deformed specimens. 2. Calculation of the distribution functions of molecules and vacancies in a one-dimensional uniformly deformed statistical extension–compression model. Inzh.-Fiz. Zh., 75, No. 4, 170–176 (2002).Google Scholar
- 7.A. V. Zharkevich, Molecular-statistical description of nonuniformly deformed specimens. 3. Calculation of the diagram of extension and compression of a one-dimensional statistical model of deformation of a molecular crystal, Inzh.-Fiz. Zh., 77, No. 4, 144–149 (2004).Google Scholar
- 8.L. A. Rott, Statistical Theory of Molecular Systems [Russian translation], Nauka, Moscow (1979).Google Scholar