Characteristics of erosion plasma in the region of interaction of a flow with an obstacle
- 27 Downloads
Results of investigation of the characteristics of an erosion plasma flow directed to an obstacle are presented. Stable quasi-stationary spherical plasma formations existing for more than 50 μsec were obtained for the first time. It is shown that the parameters, length, and localization of the cumulative zone in this plasma can be controlled by changing the dynamic characteristics of the incident flow.
Keywordscumulative zone plasma erosion-plasma accelerator.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. M. Astashinskii, V. V. Efremov, E. A. Kostyukevich, A. M. Kuz’mitskii, and L. Ya. Min’ko, Interferenceshadow investigations of processes in a magnetoplasma compressor, Fiz. Plazmy, 17, No. 9, 1111–1115 (1991).Google Scholar
- 2.V. M. Astashinskii, G. I. Bakanovich, A. M. Kuz’mitskii, et al., Choice of operating conditions and plasma parameters of a magnetoplasma compressor, Inzh.-Fiz. Zh., 62, No. 3, 386–390 (1992).Google Scholar
- 3.V. M. Astashinskii, A. A. Man’kovskii, L. Ya. Min’ko, et al., Investigation of physical processes determining the operating regimes of a QSHCPA, Fiz. Plazmy, 18, No. 1, 90–98 (1992).Google Scholar
- 4.S. I. Ananin, V. M. Astashinskii, E. A. Kostyukevich, et al., Interferometric investigations of processes proceeding in a quasi-stationary high-current plasma accelerator, Fiz. Plazmy, 24, No. 11, 1003–1010 (1998).Google Scholar
- 5.V. M. Astashinskii, Formation of compression erosive plasma fluxes of specified composition in dense gases, Zh. Prikl. Spektrosk., 67, No. 2, 229–233 (2000).Google Scholar
- 6.V. G. Eselevich and V. G. Fainshtein, Turbulent electrostatic shock wave in the interaction of opposite rarefiedplasma flows, Fiz. Plazmy, 10, No. 3, 538–547 (1984).Google Scholar
- 7.A. I. Morozov (Ed.), Plasma Accelerators and Ionic Injectors [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1984), pp. 5–49.Google Scholar
- 8.Yu. S. Protasov and Yu. Yu. Protasov, Pulsed source of short-wave ultraviolet high power density radiation, Prib. Tekh. E′ksp., No. 2, 72–77 (2003).Google Scholar
- 9.R. Huddelstone and S. Leonard (Eds.), Plasma Diagnostic Techniques [Russian translation], Mir, Moscow (1967).Google Scholar
- 10.V. M. Astashynski, S. I. Ananin, V. V. Askerko, E. A. Kostyukevich, A. M. Kuzmitski, and A. A. Mishchuk, Dynamics of interaction between opposing compression plasma flows, in: Proc. 5th Int. Conf. "Plasma Physics and Plasma Technology" [in Russian], Minsk (2006), Vol. 2, pp. 915–917.Google Scholar