On the mass transfer in a sprinkled biofilter
- 31 Downloads
The mass transfer from a water film to fixed fill grains (Rashig ring) has been investigated. It has been revealed that the film regime of flow is characterized by incomplete flow over the surface of Raschig rings. The mass transfer coefficient and the portion of the washed surface depending on the flow rate of water have been measured. The process of mass transfer in a freely falling film has been simulated, and a comparison between the theoretical and measured values of the mass transfer coefficient has been made.
Keywordsbiofilter film flow mass transfer coefficient
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.H. D. Janke, Umweltbiotechnik, Verlag Eugen, Ulmer Stuttgart (2002).Google Scholar
- 2.B. E. Rittmann and P. L. McCarty, Enviromental Biotechnology: Principles and Applications, McGraw Hill, Boston (2000).Google Scholar
- 3.T. A. Trifonova, N. V. Selivanova, and N. V. Mishchenko, Applied Ecology [in Russian], Academic Project "Tradition," Moscow (2005).Google Scholar
- 4.I. G. Dik, S. V. Pylnik, and L. L. Min’kov, Modeling of the evolution of a water-purifying biofilm with account for its erosion, Biofizika, 50, No. 2, 505–514 (2005).Google Scholar
- 5.S. Pylnik and J. Dueck, Calculation method of the water purification process in a biofilter, in: Ecology of River Basins, ERB-2005, The Second Int. Sci. Conf., 27.0.9–01.10, 2005, Vladimir (2005), Vladimir State University, pp. 475–479.Google Scholar
- 6.V. E. Nakoryakov and A. V. Gorin, Heat and Mass Transfer in Two-Phase Systems [in Russian], Inst. Teplofiz. SO RAN, Novosibirsk (1994).Google Scholar
- 8.O. Debus, Aerober Abbau von flüchtigen Abwasserinhaltstoffen in Reaktoren mit membrangebundenem Biofilm, in: I. Sekoulov (Ed.), Hamburger Berichte zur Siedlungswasserwirtschaft, GFEU an der TUHH, Hamburg (1993).Google Scholar
- 15.I. G. Dik, A. V. Gorin, E. Ferdinandova, and S. V. Pyl’nik, Experimental investigation of the mass transfer in a film biofilter, in: Proc. 5th All-Russia Sci. Conf. "Fundamental and Applied Problems of the Modern Mechanics" [in Russian], Izd. Tomsk Univ., Tomsk (2006), pp. 497–498.Google Scholar
- 18.R. B. Bird, W. E. Stewart, and E. N. Lightfoot, Transport Phenomena, John Wiley, New York (2002).Google Scholar