On vibration-convective flows in a Hele-Shaw cell
- 53 Downloads
The influence of high-frequency horizontal vibrations on convective flow conditions in a Hele-Shaw cell located in a homogeneous gravitational field and heated from below has been studied theoretically and experimentally. The linear problem of stability of mechanical quasi-equilibrium in the case of model boundary conditions has been solved analytically. The supercritical conditions of vibrational convection have been investigated numerically by the finite-difference method. It has been shown that at small values of the thermal and vibration Rayleigh numbers in a fluid a state close to quasi-equilibrium is realized. The critical values of the thermal and vibration Rayleigh numbers at which a change of different stationary and nonstationary convective regimes takes place have been determined. A stability map of vibration-convective flows has been generated.
KeywordsVortex Rayleigh Number Wide Face Corner Vortex Model Boundary Condition
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.D. V. Lyubimov, G. F. Putin, and V. I. Chernatynskii, On convective motions in the Hele-Shaw cell, Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR, 235, No. 3, 554–556 (1977).Google Scholar
- 2.L. M. Braverman, On vibrational thermal convection in the Hele-Shaw cell, in: Convective Flows, Mezhvuz. Sbornik Nauch. Trudov, Izd. Perm Ped. Inst., Perm' (1989), pp. 73–78.Google Scholar
- 3.V. A. Demin and I. S. Faizrakhmanova, Stability of vibrational-convective motions in the Hele-Shaw cell, Vestn. Perm Univ., Fizika, Issue 1, 108–113 (2003).Google Scholar
- 4.V. A. Demin and D. V. Makarov, Stability of convective flows in the Hele-Shaw cell under the action of vertical vibrations, Vestn. Perm Univ., Fizika, Issue 1, 101–110 (2005).Google Scholar
- 5.I. A. Babushkin and V. A. Demin, Experimental and theoretical investigation of transient convective regimes in the Hele-Shaw cell, Izv. Ross. Akad. Nauk, Mekh. Zhidk. Gaza, No. 3, 3–9 (2006).Google Scholar
- 6.I. A. Babushkin and V. A. Demin, Capture of convective vortices by a nonstationary flow in a Hele-Shaw cell, Inzh.-Fiz. Zh., 80, No. 1, 100–106 (2007).Google Scholar
- 8.E. L. Tarunin, Computating Experiment in Free Convection Problems [in Russian], Izd. Irkutsk Univ., Irkutsk (1990).Google Scholar