Features of combined instability of a charged interface between moving media
- 31 Downloads
In solving the problem on the propagation of small-amplitude waves on a charged horizontal interface between two liquids, in the dispersion determinant derived, a term that is nonlinear with respect to the wave frequency combination and the velocity ratio between the upper and lower liquids has been obtained. The structure and the physical meaning of the equation obtained have been discussed. The notion of effective surface tension has been introduced.
KeywordsDispersion Equation Conducting Liquid Lower Liquid Effective Surface Tension Tenuation Coefficient
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.D. F. Belonozhko, Nonlinear Motions of a Charged Surface of a Liquid, Doctoral Dissertation (in Physics and Mathematics), Yaroslavl’ (2004).Google Scholar
- 3.I. N. Aliev and A. V. Filippov, On waves propagating on the plane surface of a viscous conducting liquid in an electric field, Magn. Gidrodin., No. 4, 94–98 (1989).Google Scholar
- 4.I. N. Aliev and A. R. Mil’vidskii, Deformation of the surface of a conducting liquid under the action of a strong field pulse, Inzh.-Fiz. Zh., 77, No. 1, 133–134 (2004).Google Scholar
- 5.I. N. Aliev, A. R. Mil’vidskii, and I. A. Naumov, Capillary waves on the surface of a thin layer of a charged conducting liquid, Inzh.-Fiz. Zh., 75, No. 5, 86–87 (2002).Google Scholar
- 6.L. D. Landau and E. M. Lifshits, Electrodynamics of Continuous Media [in Russian], Fizmatlit, Moscow (2003).Google Scholar
- 7.L. D. Landau and E. M. Lifshits, Hydrodynamics [in Russian], Fizmatlit, Moscow (2003).Google Scholar
- 8.V. G. Levich, Physicochemical Hydrodynamics [in Russian], Fizmatgiz, Moscow (1959).Google Scholar
- 9.I. N. Aliev, Perturbations and Instabilities of the Surface of a Conducting Medium in an Electric Field, Doctoral Dissertation (in Physics and Mathematics), Moscow (1996).Google Scholar