The process of drying of a capillary specimen subjected to an acoustic-convective effect
The process of drying of a model capillary specimen located in an intense acoustic field under the conditions of convective blowing is investigated. Video recording has registered a drop mechanism of water extraction from the capillaries of the specimen. It is shown that the driving force of this process is the difference between the acoustic pressure in the external flow and inside the cavity of the specimen. Measurements have demonstrated a certain increase in the temperature inside a capillary exposed to an acoustic field. The influence of the position of capillaries relative to the sonic wave front and of the flow velocity is investigated. It is shown that in the capillaries positioned horizontally the temperature in them is much lower than in those positioned vertically. Kinetic curves of drying of the specimen are obtained.
KeywordsCapillary Pressure Acoustic Field Acoustic Pressure Acoustic Action Model Specimen
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Yu. Ya. Borisov and N. M. Gynkina, Acoustic drying, in: L. D. Rozenberg (Ed.), Physical Principles of Ultrasonic Technology [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1970), pp. 580–640.Google Scholar
- 2.Yu. G. Korobeinikov, A. P. Petrov, and A. V. Fedorov, Visualization of the process of water extraction from transparent model samples subjected to convective and acoustic drying, Inzh.-Fiz. Zh., 77, No. 2, 31–35 (2004).Google Scholar
- 3.B. N. Ugolev, Science of Wood with Bases of the Science of Wood Commodities [in Russian], Lesnaya Promyshlennost’, Moscow (1975), pp. 41–51.Google Scholar
- 4.Yu. G. Korobeinikov, A. P. Petrov, G. A. Trubacheev, and A. V. Fedorov, Thermal effects in model specimens under acoustic and convective actions, Inzh.-Fiz. Zh., 79, No. 2, 168–173 (2006).Google Scholar
- 6.Yu. G. Korobeinikov and A. V. Fedorov, On extraction of water from a capillary sample in an acoustic field, Inzh.-Fiz. Zh., 76, No. 1, 7–10 (2003).Google Scholar
- 7.V. N. Glaznev, Yu. G. Korobeinikov, and V. M. Fomin, Acoustic drying of porous materials, in: V. N. Parmon (Ed.), Contemporary Approaches to Research and Description of the Processes of Drying of Porous Bodies [in Russian], Izd. SO Ross. Akad. Nauk, Novosibirsk (2001), pp. 212–239.Google Scholar