Heat transfer from tubes filled with a granular layer with account for its thermal anisotropy
- 26 Downloads
The heat transfer from a tube filled with an infiltrated granular layer has been simulated with account for the parallel thermal conductivity of this layer at the first-kind and second-kind boundary conditions at the outer surface of the tube with the use of the Danckwerts conditions. Analytical dependences determining the influence of the parallel thermal conductivity of the granular layer on the average at its cross section as well as on the heat flow and the heat transfer in it have been obtained. Dependences for calculating the active length of a heat exchanger are presented.
KeywordsHeat Exchanger Granular Layer Granular Medium Total Heat Flow Thermal Anisotropy
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. É. Aérov, O. M. Todes, and D. A. Narinskii, Apparatus with a Stationary Granular Layer [in Russian], Khimiya, Leningrad (1979).Google Scholar
- 2.M. É. Aérov and N. N. Umnik, Coefficients of thermal conductivity in a granular layer, Zh. Tekh. Fiz., 21, Issue 11, 1351–1363 (1951).Google Scholar
- 3.V. A. Mukhin and N. N. Smirnova, Study of Heat and Mass Transfer Processes in the Process of Filtration in Porous Media [in Russian], Preprint No. 26-78 of the Institute of Thermal Physics of the Siberian Branch of the USSR Academy of Sciences, Novosibirsk (1978).Google Scholar
- 4.R. A. Dekhtyar’, D. F. Sikovskii, A. V. Gorin, and V. A. Mukhin, Heat transfer in a granular layer at moderate Reynolds numbers, Teplofiz. Vys. Temp., 40, No. 5, 748–755 (2002).Google Scholar
- 5.Yu. S. Teplistkii, Heat exchange in a tube filled with granular layer, Inzh.-Fiz. Zh., 77, No. 1, 86–92 (2004).Google Scholar
- 6.N. I. Gel’perin and V. G. Ainshtein, Fluidization [Russian translation], Khimiya, Moscow (1974).Google Scholar
- 7.V. A. Borodulya and Yu. P. Gupalo, Mathematical Models of Chemical Reactors with a Fluidized Bed [in Russian], Nauka i Tekhnika, Minsk (1976).Google Scholar
- 8.A. V. Luikov, Heat Conduction Theory [in Russian], Vysshaya Shkola, Moscow (1967).Google Scholar
- 9.V. P. Isachenko, V. A. Osipova, and A. S. Sukomel, Heat Transfer [in Russian], 2nd edn., Énergiya, Moscow (1969).Google Scholar