Convective heat transfer in air flow around a cylinder at low Reynolds numbers
The principal objective of the present work is to conduct investigations leading to a more complete explanation of heat-transfer processes on the external wall of a heated cylinder in laminar axial flow around it under high pressures. Investigations are aimed at determination of the limits of existence of mixed convection, explanation of the influence of free convection on the disturbances of heat transfer during laminar flow of a medium, and final explanation of intensification of heat-transfer processes occurring in a flow at high pressures.
KeywordsHeat Transfer Convection High Pressure Reynolds Number Laminar Flow
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.R. Budzyński and W. Nowak, Mixed convection heat transfer in a horizontal concentric cylindrical annulus at small Reynolds and large Grashof numbers, in: Proc. 6th Int. Energy Conf., Vol. 1, Alexandria, Egypt (1993), pp. 124–129.Google Scholar
- 3.R. Budzyński, W. Nowak, and A. A. Stachel, Effect of high pressure on convective heat transfer of forced laminar and transitional flow in a horizontal concentric cylindrical annulus, in: Proc. 2nd Baltic Heat Transfer Conf., Riga-Jurmala, Latvia (1995), pp. 131–137.Google Scholar
- 4.R. Budzyński, W. Nowak, A. A. Stachel, et al., Convective heat transfer in the flow of gas in the channel, TU of Szczecin, DHE, Grant of PAS, 1999 (unpublished research work).Google Scholar
- 5.A. Maj, W. Nowak, and A. A. Stachel, Mixed convection in a horizontal circular channel in high pressure conditions, in: Proc. II Int. Conf. on Advances in Fluid Mechanics, Udine (1998), pp. 149–157.Google Scholar
- 6.B. Metais and E. R. G. Eckert, Forced, mixed and free convection regimes, ASME J. Heat Transfer, 10, 295–296 (1964).Google Scholar
- 7.W. Nowak and A. A. Stachel, Effect of pressure on heat exchange at a forced flow in an annular channel, in: Proc. II Minsk Int. Forum “Heat and Mass Transfer-MIF-92,” 1992, Vol. 1, Part 1, Minsk (1992), pp. 3–9.Google Scholar
- 8.W. Nowak and A. Stachel, Experimentelle Ermittlung der Warmeübergangs-Koeffizienten bei Hochdruck-Strömung im Ringkanal, Wiss. Zeit. der TU Dresden, 42, Heft 4, 1–4 (1993).Google Scholar
- 9.P. H. Oosthuizen and D. Naylor, Introduction to Convective Heat Transfer Analysis, McGraw-Hill International Editions, New York (1999).Google Scholar
- 10.A. A. Stachel, Mixed convection during a flow around a cylinder, Part I, Acta Mechanica Slovaca, 2/2002, Ročnik 6, 151–158, Košice (2002).Google Scholar
- 11.A. A. Stachel, W. Nowak, et al., Mixed convection during a flow around a cylinder in high pressure conditions, TU of Szczecin, DHE, Grant of PAS, 2002 (unpublished research work).Google Scholar
- 12.A. A. Stachel and W. Nowak, Mixed convection during a transient flow around a cylinder, in: Proc. 4th Baltic Heat-Transfer Conf., Kaunas, Lithuania (2003), pp. 393–400.Google Scholar
- 13.A. A. Stachel, Convective heat transfer during an air flow in a horizontal circular channel at low Reynolds number regime, Acta Mechanica Slovaca, 3A/2004, Ročnik 8, 75–79, Košice (2004).Google Scholar