Investigation of the Properties of Substances on the Boundary Curves of Liquid-Vapor Phase Transition
A new approach to construction of generalized dependences for different properties of substances is proposed. A study is made of the changes in the difference in the properties of various substances on the boundary curves of liquid-vapor phase transition. Generalization results obtained in processing of experimental data on the thermodynamic and transport properties of substances on the boundary curves of liquid-vapor transition of monatomic and multiatomic gases, normal and polar organic and inorganic liquids, alkali metals, and mercury are discussed. An analogous approach may be used in studying solid body-liquid and solid body-gas phase transitions.
KeywordsExperimental Data Mercury Phase Transition Statistical Physic Transport Property
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.L. P. Filippov, Similarity of Properties [in Russian], Izd. MGU, Moscow (1978).Google Scholar
- 2.Yu. A. Neruchev, Discrete-Continuum Model for Prediction of Equilibrium Properties of Organic Liquids [in Russian], Izd. Kursk. Gos. Ped. Univ., Kursk (2001).Google Scholar
- 3.N. B. Vargaftik, Handbook of Thermophysical Properties of Substances [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1972).Google Scholar
- 4.A. A. Akulov, E. I. Borzenko, and V. N. Novotel'nov, Thermophysical Properties of Cryoproducts [in Russian], Politekhnika, St. Petersburg (2001).Google Scholar
- 5.V. V. Altunin, V. Z. Geller, E. K. Petrov, et al., Thermophysical Properties of Freons. Vol. 1. Freons of the Methane Series (Freons 20, 21, 22, 23) [in Russian], Izd. Standartov, Moscow (1985).Google Scholar
- 6.S. N. Bogdanov, S. I. Burtsev, O. P. Ivanov, et al., in: S. N. Bogdanov (Ed.), Refrigerating Equipment. Air Conditioning. Properties of Substances: Handbook [in Russian], 4th revised and augmented edition, St. Petersburg GAKhPT, St. Petersburg (1999).Google Scholar
- 7.B. A. Yonglove and J. F. Rey, Thermophysical properties of methane, propane, butane, and iso-butane, J. Phys. Chem. Ref. Data, 16, No.4, 584–592 (1987).Google Scholar
- 8.L. A. Nisel'son, T. D. Sokolova, and R. K. Nikolaev, in: Orthobaric Densities and Critical Parameters of the Higher-Element Series of the IIIrd and IVth Groups of the Periodic System [in Russian], Izd. Standartov, Moscow (1970), pp. 246–255.Google Scholar
- 9.V. A. Rabinovich and L. S. Veksler, in: Thermophysical Properties of Neon, Argon, Krypton, and Xenon [in Russian], Izd. Standartov, Moscow (1970), pp. 83–94.Google Scholar
- 10.Shang-keng Ma, Modern Theory of Critical Phenomena [Russian translation], Mir, Moscow (1980), p. 25.Google Scholar
- 11.L. P. Filippov, in: Methods of Calculation and Prediction of the Properties of Substances [in Russian], Izd. MGU, Moscow (1988), pp. 13, 28.Google Scholar