Influence of Vibroshock Interaction Between a Cutting Tool and the Processed Billet on the Conditions of Formation of Its Roughness in Mechanical Sawing of Brittle and Hard Materials
- 23 Downloads
A modernized unit of the ShP-2 sawing machine for vibroshock sawing of hard and brittle materials in three modes of vibrodrive operation has been described. The mechanism for forming the roughness of the sawn surface is presented. The data that allow judgment on the effect of the vibroshock mode of processing brittle materials on the parameters characterizing initial roughness of the sawn surface are obtained from results of the experiments. Based on these data, formation of the topography of the processed parts of billets made from a hard material is analyzed.
KeywordsStatistical Physic Brittle Transport Phenomenon Brittle Material Cutting Tool
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. I. Markov, Ultrasound Machining of Materials [in Russian], Mashinostroenie, Moscow (1980).Google Scholar
- 2.M. G. Kiselev, V. T. Minchenya, and V. A. Ibragimova (Eds.), Ultrasound in Surface Treatment of Materials [in Russian], Tesei, Minsk (2001).Google Scholar
- 3.M. G. Kiselev, V. T. Minchenya, G. A. Galenyuk, and S. G. Ermolenko, Experimental estimation of the intensifying effect of ultrasound on the efficiency of mechanical sawing of brittle materials, in: Ext. Abstr. of Papers presented at the Conf. “Theoretical and Technological Principles of Strengthening and Restoration of Mechanical Engineering Products” [in Russian], Novopolotsk (2002), pp. 633–637.Google Scholar
- 4.G. P. Cherepanov, Mechanics of Brittle Fracture [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1974).Google Scholar
- 5.V. Z. Parton and V. G. Boriskovskii, Dynamic Mechanics of Fracture [in Russian], Mashinostroenie, Moscow (1985).Google Scholar