Investigation of Simultaneous Chemical-Transformation and Heat-Exchange Process Occurring in the Process of Synthesis of Divinyl Rubber on the Basis of a Cobaltous Catalyst in a Cascade of Two Continuous-Operation Reactors
- 26 Downloads
A mathematical model of polymerization of butadiene based on a cobaltous catalyst in a cascade of two continuous-operation reactors has been developed. The simultaneous processes of chemical transformations and heat exchange occurring in this case were described by a system of equations for heat balance and initial times of molecular-mass distribution in a steady-state regime. The model developed was used for investigating the dependence of the molecular-mass characteristics of the polymerization process studied and the temperature in the cascade of reactors on the monomer and initiator concentrations as well as for determining the optimum regimes of the polymerization process.
KeywordsPolymerization Rubber Heat Exchange Initial Time Transport Phenomenon
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. I. Ermakov, V. S. Shein, and V. O. Reikhsfeld, Engineering Methods of Obtaining and Treatment of Elastomers [in Russian], Khimiya, Leningrad (1982).Google Scholar
- 2.V. G. Ushakov, Selection and Calculation of mixers for mixing highly viscous media according to the All-Union Standards, Khim. Neft. Mashinostr., No. 8, 31–38 (1975).Google Scholar
- 3.R. Aris, Introduction to the Analysis of Chemical Reactors [Russian translation], Khimiya, Leningrad (1967).Google Scholar
- 4.V. V. Kafarov, I. N. Dorokhov, and L. V. Dranishnikov, Systems Analysis of Chemical-Technology Processes: Polymerization Processes [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1991).Google Scholar
- 5.S. L. Podval'nyi, Simulation of Industrial Polymerization Processes [in Russian], Khimiya, Moscow (1979).Google Scholar
- 6.G. A. Aminova, G. V. Manuiko, G. I. Litvinenko, et al., Mathematical modeling of the polymerization of butadiene on the basis of a cobaltous catalyst in a periodic regime, Inzh.-Fiz. Zh., 75, No.3, 89–95 (2002).Google Scholar
- 7.G. A. Aminova, M. D. Bronshtein, G. V. Manuiko, et al., Method of solving the system of equations describing a continuous polymerization as a result of a polyaddition reaction, Inzh.-Fiz. Zh., 75, No.4, 165–169 (2002).Google Scholar