Pulse-periodic discharge in a plasmachemical ferroelectric packed-bed reactor
- 28 Downloads
A plasmachemical method of cleaning the exhaust gases of Diesel engines from toxic components in a ferroelectric packed-bed reactor is described. Special features of the electric circuit of this plasmachemical system and the energy efficiency of the process of cleaning under the conditions of pulse-periodic input of energy to the discharge are considered.
KeywordsStatistical Physic Diesel Energy Efficiency Diesel Engine Transport Phenomenon
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. Mizuno, J. S. Clements, and R. H. Davis, A method for the removal of sulphur dioxide from exhaust gas utilizing pulsed streamer corona for electron energization, IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., IA-22, May/June, No. 3, 516–521 (1986).Google Scholar
- 2.Yu. S. Akishev, A. A. Deryugin, I. V. Kochetkov, A. P. Napartovich, and N. I. Trushkin, Experimental study of cleaning of flue gases from NO by a stationary glowing discharge at atmospheric pressure, in: Proc. of Seminar [in Russian], IVTAN, Moscow (1992), pp. 40–43.Google Scholar
- 3.M. C. Park, D. R. Chang, M. H. Woo, G. J. Nam, and S. P. Lee, Multi-stage pulsed corona discharge system for reduction of NOx emission from diesel engine vehicle (SAE 982514), in: Plasma Exhaust Aftertreatment (SP-1395) (1998), pp. 93–99.Google Scholar
- 4.J.-O. Chae, G. Vasiliev, S. M. Lee, Y. N. Jun, Y. S. Jun, and B. G. Kim, NOx removal with the pulse streamer corona discharge, in: Proc. Korean Society of Environmental Engineers, May 1993, Kung Hee University (1993), pp. 173–177.Google Scholar
- 5.G. M. Vasiliev, J.-O. Chae, S. C. Chung, Y. S. Jeong, and D. S. Han, NOx removal with the pulse streamer corona discharge, in: Proc. Zel’dovich Memorial Conf., September 1994, Moscow, Russia (1994), p. 75.Google Scholar
- 6.L. G. Krishtopa and L. N. Krasnoperov, NOx destruction in air and nitrogen by dielectric barrier corona discharge (SAE 982510), in: Plasma Exhaust Aftertreatment (SP-1395) (1998), pp. 67–72.Google Scholar
- 7.S. A. Zhdanok, G. M. Vasil’ev, and V. A. Vasetskii, Study of decomposition of NOx in nonequilibrium plasma, in: Heat and Mass Transfer-93/94 [in Russian], Coll. of Sci. Papers of the Heat and Mass Transfer Institute, National Academy of Sciences of Belarus, Minsk (1994), pp. 73–76.Google Scholar
- 8.G. M. Vasiliev, S. A. Zhdanok, and J.-O. Chae, Efficiency of NOx reduction in pulse-streamer discharge, in: Proc. Int. School-Seminar Nonequilibrium Processes and Their Applications, 8–13 September 1994, Contributer Paper, Minsk (1994), p. 103.Google Scholar