Model of tritium dispersion by ground water
- 28 Downloads
A three-dimensional model of ground-water contamination in the zone of a steady source of tritium is presented. The model is oriented toward long-term modeling of contamination (for up to several decades) on a large area (of up to several hundred square kilometers) where the contaminant arrives through the roof of the aquiferous stratum by infiltration. The three-dimensional equation of convective diffusion is solved numerically by the method of splitting. The convective component is calculated by the method of particles. The dispersion component of the transfer is calculated using the finite-difference method. A transformation of the vertical coordinate is introduced. A solution of the model problem is presented and an interpretation of the results is given.
KeywordsGround Water Tritium Convective Diffusion Calculation Region Calculation Cell
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.L. F. Belovodskii, V. K. Gaevoi, and V. I. Grishmanovskii, Tritium [in Russian], Moscow (1985).Google Scholar
- 4.G. N. Genzel’, N. F. Karachevtsev, P. K. Konosavskii, et al., Solution of Problems of Protection of Subterranean Water Using Numerical Models [in Russian], Moscow (1992).Google Scholar
- 5.V. N. Nikolaevskii, Prikl. Mat. Mekh., 23, No. 6, 1042–1050 (1959).Google Scholar
- 6.N. N. Yanenko, Method of Fractional Steps for Solution of Multidimensional Problems of Mathematical Physics [in Russian], Novosibirsk (1967).Google Scholar
- 7.M. I. Avramenko, E. S. Andreev, A. P. Vasil’ev, et al., Vopr. Atomn. Nauki Tekh., Ser. Mat. Modelirovanie Fiz. Protsessov (Moscow), Issue 1, 26–31 (1994).Google Scholar
- 8.N. N. Anuchina, K. I. Babenko, S. N. Godunov, et al., Theoretical Foundations and Design of Numerical Algorithms for Problems of Mathematical Physics [in Russian], Moscow (1979).Google Scholar
- 9.A. A. Samarskii, Theory of Difference Schemes [in Russian], Moscow (1989).Google Scholar
- 10.D. Anderson, J. Tannehill, and R. Pletcher, Computational Fluid Mechanics and Heat Transfer [Russian translation], in 2 vols., Moscow (1990).Google Scholar
- 11.BIOMASS Theme 3, Tritium Working Group. Scenario 1.3, Description (1998).Google Scholar
- 12.V. A. Mironenko, Dynamics of Subterranean Water [in Russian], Moscow (1983).Google Scholar