Blow-up of Positive Initial Energy Solutions for A System of Nonlinear Wave Equations with Supercritical Sources
- 225 Downloads
The goal of this paper is to investigate the finite time blow-up of solutions with supercritical boundary/interior sources and nonlinear boundary/interior damping. First, we prove that if the interior and boundary sources dominate their corresponding damping terms, then every weak solution blows up in finite time with positive initial energy. Second, without any restriction on the boundary source, we prove the finite time blow-up of solutions, provided that the interior sources dominate both interior and boundary damping and the initial energy is nonnegative. A similar result has been shown when the boundary source is absent. Moreover, in the absence of the interior sources, we prove that the solution grows as an exponential function.
KeywordsBlow-up Life span Nonlinear damping Nonlinear source Wave equations
Mathematics Subject Classifications (2010)35L05 35L20 58J45
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 11.Reed M. Abstract non-linear wave equations.Springer-Verlag; 1976.Google Scholar
- 15.Guo Y, Rammaha MA. Systems of nonlinear wave equations with damping and supercritical boundary and interior sources. Trans Amer Math Soc. 2012:67.Google Scholar
- 16.Guo Y, Rammaha MA. Blow-up solutions to systems of nonlinear wave equations with supercritical sources. Appl Anal Int J. doi: 10.1080/00.036811.2011.649734.
- 18.Adams RA. Sobolev spaces, pure and applied mathematics, vol. 65. New York: Academic; 1975.Google Scholar
- 19.Runst T, Sickel W. Sobolev Spaces of fractional Order, Nemytskij operators and nonlinear partial differential equations, de Gruyter series in nonlinear analysis and applications, vol. 3. Berlin: Walter de Gruyter & Co.; 1996.Google Scholar