Synthesis and Crystal Structure of Two Decavanadates Cluster Metal Complexes: [Co(H2O)6]2[H2V10O28]·6H2O and (NH4)2[Ca(H2O)7]2[V10O28]
- 164 Downloads
Two new decavanadate metal complexes, [Co(H2O)6]2[H2V10O28]·6H2O (1) and (NH4)2[Ca(H2O)7]2[V10O28] (2), have been synthesized under hydrothermal condition by using chlorhydric acid as the initiator at 120 °C. The aqueous NaVO3 solution with an aqueous solution of CoCl2·6H2O were used for generating 1 and aqueous CaCl2·2H2O and NH4VO3 solution were employed for creating 2. Compound 1 consisted of discrete hexa-aqua-cobalt [Co(H2O)6]2+ cations, [H2V10O28]4− anions and non-coordination water molecules. Compound 2 were composed of hepta-aqua-calcium [Ca(H2O)7]2+ cations, ammonium NH4 + and [V10O28]6− anion. For compound 2, the distorted pentagonal bipyramid [Ca(H2O)7]2+ is uncommon. In the crystal lattice, hydrogen bonds played an important role on connecting cations, anions and non-coordinated water molecules to form the three-dimensional network.
KeywordsDecavanadates anions Hydrated cobalt Hydrated calcium Structure analysis
This work was financially supported by the Fund of Doctor of Shandaong province (No. 2007BS04046) and the Natural Science Foundation of Shandong Province (Y2006B08), P. R. China.
- 6.R. M. Barrer, Hydrothermal Chemistry of Zeolites (Academic Press, New York, 1982).Google Scholar
- 9.G. M. Sheldrick, SHELXTL97, Program for Crystal Structure Refinement (University of Gottingen, Germany, 1993).Google Scholar
- 10.A.J. Wilson, International Table for X-ray Crystallography, Vol. C (Kluwer Academic Publishers, Dordrecht, 1992), Tables 220.127.116.11, pp. 500–502 and 18.104.22.168, pp. 219–222.Google Scholar
- 11.S. Nakamura and T. Ozeki (2001). J. Chem. Soc. Dalton Trans. 472.Google Scholar
- 17.O. Moers, A. Blaschette, and P. G. Jones (1997). Acta Crystallogr. C53, 845.Google Scholar