Two Novel Cationic Frameworks Based on Cadmium(II) Vinylphosphonate with 4,4′-Bipyridine as Coligand
- 212 Downloads
The reaction of cadmium nitrate and vinylphosphonic acid (H2L) with 4,4′-bipyridine (bipy) as coligand led to two novel cadmium(II) vinylphosphonates, namely, [Cd4(L)3(NO3)(bipy)4(H2O)3]·(NO3)·3(H2O) (1) and [Cd3(HL)3(L)(bipy)3(H2O)4]·(NO3)·3.5(H2O) (2). Both compounds feature a cationic framework which encloses charge-balanced nitrate anions as well as guest water molecules. They represent the first examples of metal-organic frameworks based on mixed bridging ligands that contain a low-carbon-number alkylphosphonate. Notably, the cationic framework of 2 manifests an unprecedented (4,5)-connected net topology with point symbol of (42·6·83)·(43·65·82)2.
Two novel cationic frameworks based on cadmium(II) vinylphosphonate with 4,4′-bipyridine as coligand are reported here.
KeywordsCadmium Phosphonate-based MOF Crystal structure Topology
This work was supported by the NNSF of China (21061001, 21361002), and the Young Scientists Training Program of Jiangxi Province (20122BCB23020).
Conflict of interests
The authors declare no conflict of interests.
- 6.Clearfield A (1998) Metal phosphonate chemistry. In: Karlin KD (ed) Progress in inorganic chemistry, vol 47. Wiley, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- 11.Congiardo LKB, Mague JT, Funk AR, Yngard R, Knight DA (2011) Acta Crystallogr E67:m450Google Scholar
- 16.Bruker (2008) APEX2, SADABS and SAINT. Bruker AXS Inc., MadisonGoogle Scholar
- 17.Sheldrick GM (1997) SHELXS-97, program for X-ray crystal structure solution. University of Göttingen, GöttingenGoogle Scholar
- 18.Sheldrick GM (1997) SHELXL-97, program for X-ray crystal structure refinement. University of Göttingen, GöttingenGoogle Scholar
- 21.Blatov VA (2006) Multipurpose crystallochemical analysis with the program package TOPOS. IUCr Comput Comm Newsl 7:4Google Scholar
- 23.Blatov VA, O’Keeffe M, Proserpio DM (2010) CrystEngComm 12:44. http://www.topos.ssu.Samara.ru