Synthesis and Structural Characterization of Hydrazine Bridged Imidazole and its Fumarate Salt
- 118 Downloads
Hydrazine bridged imidazole (1) and its fumarate salt (2) have been synthesized and structurally characterized. Hydrazine bridged imidazole (1) crystallizes in the monoclinic, space group P2(1)/n, with a = 12.809(7) Å, b = 5.102(3) Å, c = 14.401(8) Å, β = 96.859(10)°, V = 934.3(9) Å3, Z = 2. In 1, the two imidazolyl rings are located anti-parallely above and below the benzene planes, respectively. This arrangement leads the imidazolyl rings to be in the trans conformation. In addition at each C=N bond, the larger groups linked to C and N atoms are located in the same side of the double bond, thus in the solid state the conformation of the bis-imidazole (1) is E, E.
Compound 2 crystallizes in the monoclinic, space group P2(1)/n, with a = 14.272(6) Å, b = 4.815(2) Å, c = 17.816(7) Å, β = 92.329(8)°, V = 1223.4(9) Å3, Z = 2. For compound 2, one dimensional chain structure is formed through hydrogen bonds of N–H+···O−. The chains extend in two crossed directions. These adjacent 1D parallel chains form 2D network structure under the interchain CH2–π associations. There also exist interchain CH2···O interactions between crossed chains. Under these weak interactions, 2 displays 3D network structure.
KeywordsImidazole Fumarate salt Chain structure Hydrogen-bond network
The authors thank the Zhejiang A & F University Science Foundation for financial support (project No. 2009FK63).
- 13.Duncan PCM, Goodgame DML, Menzer S, Williams DJW (1996) Chem Commun 2127Google Scholar
- 18.Blessing RH (1995) Acta Crystallogr A51:33Google Scholar
- 19.Sheldrick GM (1996) SADABS “siemens area detector absorption correction”. University of Göttingen, GöttingenGoogle Scholar
- 20.SHELXTL-PC, version 5.03; Siemens analytical instruments, MadisonGoogle Scholar
- 23.Williams DH, Fleming I (1995) Spectroscopic methods in organic chemistry, 5th edn. McGraw-hill, LondonGoogle Scholar
- 24.Thirumurugan R, Shanmuga SRS, Shanmugam G, Fun HK, Marappan M, Kandaswamy M (1998) Acta Crystallogr C54:644Google Scholar