Synthesis, Structural and Thermal Studies of a New Nickel Complex Containing 2-Aminopyrimidine and Thiocyanate Mixed Ligands with a Three-Dimensional Network Structure
- 105 Downloads
A new nickel(II) complex formulated as, trans-[Ni(amp)2(SCN)2(H2O)2]·2H2O (1), (amp = 2-aminopyrimidine) has been synthesized and characterized by elemental analysis, IR spectroscopy, its molecular and crystal structures were determined by X-ray crystal structure analysis and its thermal stability by TGA/DTA methods. 1 is a neutral complex and the central atom sits on an inversion center and is coordinated by two endocyclic nitrogen atoms of two 2-aminopyrimidine heterocycles, two oxygen atoms of two water molecules and two nitrogen atoms of SCN− ions. 2-aminopyrimidine molecules, thiocyanate ions and water molecules are in trans position. Thermal methods confirm two co-crystallized water molecules in 1. π–π stacking interactions and extensive O–H···O, O–H···N, O–H···S and N–H···N hydrogen bonds contribute to the formation of a three-dimensional supramolecular structure. Crystal data for complex at 120 K: triclinic, space group P-1, a = 7.2026(14), b = 7.8332(15), c = 9.0270(17) Å, α = 67.694(3), β = 72.732(4), γ = 77.012(4), Z = 1, R 1 = 0.0323.
KeywordsNickel complex Aminopyrimidine X-ray structure determination Supramolecular structure
The authors are grateful to Dr. Boris-Marko Kukovec for his valuable discussion. They also acknowledge Islamic Azad University, Yazd Branch, for the support of this work.
- 2.Yakovlev KI, Stetsenko AI, Mameĺkina IY, Pogareva VG, Shkurko OP (1986) Koord Khim 12:1373Google Scholar
- 6.Tabatabaee M, Sharif MA, Ghassemzadeh M, Shahriyari M (2010) J Chem Crystallogr doi: 10.1007/s10870-010-9850-3
- 10.Tabatabaee M, Hakimi F, Roshani M, Mirjalili M, Kavasi HR (2008) Acta Cryst E64:o2112Google Scholar
- 11.Tabatabaee M, Masoodpour L, Gassemzadeh M, Hakimi F (2009) Acta Cryst E65:o2979Google Scholar
- 12.Tabatabaee M (2010) Acta Cryst E66:m647Google Scholar
- 13.Bruker (1998) SMART and SAINT-Plus. Bruker AXS Inc., MadisonGoogle Scholar
- 14.Sheldrick GM (2008) Acta Crystallogr A64:112Google Scholar
- 15.Sheldrick GM (1998) SHELXTL v. 5.10, structure determination software suite. Bruker AXS, MadisonGoogle Scholar
- 16.Spek AL (1998) PLATON-98. University of Utrecht, The NetherlandsGoogle Scholar
- 18.Aghabozorg H, Bahrami Z, Tabatabaie M, Ghadermazi M, Attar Gharamaleki J (2007) Acta Cryst E63:m2022Google Scholar