Synthesis, Crystal Structure, Spectroscopic and Electronic Properties of (E)-Trans-2-(2-(Biphenyl-4-ylmethylene)Hydrazinyl)-4-(3-Methyl-3-Phenylcyclobutyl)Thiazole
- 82 Downloads
A new compound of (C27H25N3S) has been synthesized and characterized by 1H NMR, 13C NMR, IR, UV-Visible spectroscopy, and single crystal X-ray diffraction. The compound crystallizes in the monoclinic space group P21/c and crystals of (I) were found approximately 0.5:0.5 ratio to be twinned. The crystal structure is stabilized by N–H···N inter molecular hydrogen bonding. In addition to the molecular geometry and dimeric structure from X-ray experiment, the optimized molecular geometry for monomer and dimer, vibrational frequencies, atomic charges distribution, and total energies of the title compound in the ground state have been calculated using ab initio method. Density Functional Theory (B3LYP) and Hartree-Fock (HF) methods with basis sets 6-31G(d, p) and 3-21G were used in the calculations. Calculated frequencies are in good agreement with the corresponding experimental data. UV-Vis absorption spectra of the compound have been ascribed to their corresponding molecular structure and electrons orbital transitions.
KeywordsHydrazine Single crystal ab initio calculations
The authors wish to acknowledge the Faculty of Arts and Sciences, Ondokuz Mayis University, Turkey, for the use of the STOE IPDS-II diffractometer (purchased under grant F.279 of the University Research Fund).
- 6.Sheldrick GM (1997) SHELXS-97 and SHELXL-97. Univ. Gottingen, GermanyGoogle Scholar
- 9.Frish A, Nielseni AB, Holder AJ (2001) Gaussview user manual. Gaussian Inc, PittsburgGoogle Scholar
- 10.Frisch MJ, Trucks GW, Schlegel HB et al (2004) Gaussian 03: IA32WG03RevC 02 12-Jun-2004. Gaussian, Inc., Wallingford, C. T., USAGoogle Scholar
- 13.Yüksektepe Ç, Çalışkan N, Yılmaz I et al (2006) Acta Cryst E62:o2762–o2764Google Scholar
- 15.Saraçoğlu H, Çalişkan N, Davran C et al (2004) Acta Cryst E60:o2090–o2092Google Scholar
- 16.Bati H, Saraçoğlu H, Çalişkan N et al (2005) Acta Cryst C61:m342–m343Google Scholar
- 18.Ma Q, Lu L-P, Zhu M-L (2008) Acta Cryst E64:o2026Google Scholar
- 19.Yüksektepe Ç, Saraçoğlu H, Koca M et al (2004) Acta Cryst C60:o509–o510Google Scholar
- 20.Yüksektepe Ç, Soylu MS, Saraçoğlu H et al (2005) Acta Cryst E61:o1158–o1160Google Scholar