Synthesis and Crystal Structure of MnII(OAc)2[15-MC Mn III (N)shi-5](Im)3(EtOH)3 (shi3− = salicylhydroximate, −OAc = acetate, Im = imidazole, and EtOH = ethanol)
- 78 Downloads
The metallacrown complex MnII(OAc)2[15-MC Mn III (N)shi-5](Im)3(EtOH)3 has been synthesized and characterized by single-crystal X-ray diffraction and infrared spectroscopy. The compound crystallizes in the monoclinic space group P21/c with a = 24.3326(15) Å, b = 24.0354(15) Å, c = 27.0531(17) Å, α = 90.00°, β = 100.3883(11)°, γ = 90.00°, V = 15562.5(17) Å3, Z = 4, and Z′ = 2. Four of the five manganese(III) ions of the metallacrown ring adopt a distorted octahedral coordination geometry, and the fifth manganese(III) ion is five coordinate and exhibits a distorted square pyramidal environment. The configuration of the manganese(III) ions about the ring follows a pattern of ΔΛΔPP, with P representing planar. In addition, the imidazole units are bound to three separate ring manganese(III) ions, and the imidazole units are directed to the outside of the molecule. A manganese(II) ion is encapsulated in the central core of the molecule, and the central ion is seven coordinate with a face-capped trigonal prismatic geometry.
KeywordsMetallacrown Manganese Coordination complex
This work was funded by The Shippensburg University Foundation UG 2430-05 and 2367-057 to C.M.Z, and the diffractometer was funded by NSF grant 0087210, by Ohio Board of Regents grant CAP-491, and by YSU. The authors thank Dr. Daniel P. Predecki of Shippensburg University for his useful discussions.
- 4.Pecoraro VL, Stemmler AJ, Gibney BR, Bodwin JJ, Wang H, Kampf JW, Barwinski A (1997) In: Karlin KD (ed) Progress in inorganic chemistry. Wiley, New York, pp 83–177Google Scholar
- 16.Bruker (2008) Apex2, SAINT, and SADABS. Bruker AXS Inc, Madison, WI, USAGoogle Scholar
- 18.Bruker (2000–2003) SHELXTL 6.14. Bruker AXS Inc, Madison, WI, USAGoogle Scholar
- 20.Spek AL (2008) Platon, a multipurpose crystallographic tool. Utrecht University, Utrecht, The NetherlandsGoogle Scholar
- 22.Accelrys (2002) DS ViewerPro 5.0. San Diego, CA, USAGoogle Scholar