Synthesis, Properties, and Crystal Structures of Copper(II) Di-(2-picolyl)amine Complexes Containing Inorganic Salts
- 272 Downloads
These complexes have been characterized by X-ray crystallography, spectroscopic, and cyclic voltammetry. In 1, the copper(II) ion has a distorted square-pyramidal geometry with three nitrogen atoms of the dpa ligand and two oxygen atoms of the nitrate anions. The crystal structure of 2 shows that the copper(II) ions are bridged by tp anion to form a dinuclear complex, in which each copper(II) ion exhibits a distorted square-pyramid with three nitrogen atoms of the dpa ligand, water molecule, and the oxygen atom of the bridging tp ligand. Cyclic voltammetric data indicate that 1 undergoes irreversible one-electron oxidation to the CuIII and reversible one-electron reduction to the CuI, while 2 gives one reversible oxidation and two reversible and irreversible reduced processes. The electronic spectra and redox potentials of the complexes are influenced significantly by the anionic ligands.
KeywordsCrystal structures Di-(2-picolyl)amine Mononuclear copper(II) complex Dinuclear copper(II) complexes Distorted square-pyramidal geometry
This study was financially supported by Kongju National University in the 2007 Star Project Program.
- 4.Whitener GD, Hagadorn JR, Arnold JJ (1999) Chem Soc Dalton Trans 1249Google Scholar
- 13.Sheldrick GM (1996) SADABS. University of Göttingen, GermanyGoogle Scholar
- 14.Sheldrick GM (1990) Acta Crystallogr A46:467Google Scholar
- 15.Sheldrick GM (1997) SHELXL-97, Program for the refinement of crystal structures. University of Göttingen, GermanyGoogle Scholar
- 16.Addison AW, Rao TN, Reedijik J, van Rijin J, Verschoor GC (1984) J Chem Soc Dalton Trans 1349Google Scholar
- 17.Cano J, De Munno G, Sanz JL, Ruiz R, Faus J, Lioret F, Julve M, Caneschi A (1997) J Chem Soc Dalton Trans 1915Google Scholar
- 20.Hathaway BJ (1991) Struct Bonding Berl 57:2801Google Scholar