Molecular structure of [(tBu)2Al(μ-OC6H4-2-Me)]2
- 36 Downloads
The molecular structure of [(tBu)2Al(μ-OC6H5-2-Me)]2 has been determined. Both the ortho-tolyl methyl groups are oriented towards Al(2). The intramolecular steric interaction between the ortho-methyl groups and the tert-butyl ligands results in the geometry about the bridging oxygen being significantly distorted while the geometries about the aluminum centers show a distortion from tetrahedral that is less than the sterically less hindered [(tBu)2Al(μ-OPh)]2. Crystal data: group C2/c, a = 13.733(3) Å, b = 15.135(3) Å, c = 15.420(3) Å, β = 104.24(3)∘, V = 3106(1) Å3, Z = 4, R = 0. 0612, wR2 = 0.1787.
KEY WORDSAluminum aryloxide steric interaction tetrahedral
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Aitken, C.L.; Barron, A.R. J. Chem. Crystallogr. 1996, 26, 293.Google Scholar
- 6.Sheldrick, G.M. Acta Crystallogr. 1990, A46, 467.Google Scholar
- 7.International Tables for X-Ray Crystallography, Kynoch Press, Birmingham, 1974, Vol. IV.Google Scholar
- 8.Nicolet Instrument Corp. SHELXTL-PLUS Users Manual (Madison, WA), 1988.Google Scholar
- 9.Haaland, A. In Coordination Chemistry of Aluminum, Robinson, G.H., Ed.; Ch. 1, VCH: New York, 1993.Google Scholar