Synthesis and X-ray structure analysis of benzoic acid [1-(6-methyl-2,4-dioxo-3,4-dihydro-2H-pyran-3-yl)eth-(E)-ylidene]-hydrazide with a water molecule (C15H14N2O4⋅H2O)
- 59 Downloads
The crystal structure of the title compound has been determined by X-ray diffraction methods. It crystallizes in the monoclinic space group P21/n with cell parameters a = 7.097(1) Å, b = 19.257(1) Å, c = 10.893(1) Å, β = 106.17(2)∘, V = 1429.8(3) Å3 and Z = 4. The final reliability index is 0.059 for 2419 observed reflections. The molecule comprises of two six- membered rings which are abridged together through a network of C–N, N–N and C–N bonds. There are three keto functional groups and two methyl groups at various locations of the molecule. The C9 atom of methyl group and O2 of the keto group are deviated significantly from the mean plane of the molecule. Both the six-membered rings are planar and it is evident from the magnitude of their exocyclic torsion angles. The molecular structure is stabilized by few intra and intermolecular hydrogen bonds.
KeywordsBenzoic acid crystal structure dihedral angle torsion angles hydrogen bond
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Hogale, M.B.; Pawar, B.N. J. Indian Chem. Soc. 1989, 65, 135.Google Scholar
- 2.Hogale, M.B.; Kharade, D.R. J. Indian Chem. Soc. 1991, 68, 298.Google Scholar
- 7.Rajnikant; Gupta, V.K.; Suri, O.P.; Lal, M. Ind. J. Pure Appl. Phys. 2002, 40, 59.Google Scholar
- 10.Sheldrick, G.M. SHELXS86, Program for Crystal Structure Determination; University of Gottingen: Germany, 1986.Google Scholar
- 11.Sheldrick, G.M. SHELXL93, Program for Refinement of Crystal Structures; University of Gottingen: Germany, 1993.Google Scholar
- 14.Yang, Q.; Tang, Y.; Yang, W.; Chen, H. Acta Crystallogs 1998, C54, 1532.Google Scholar
- 16.Desiraju, G.R.; Steiner, T. The weak hydrogen bond in Structural Chemistry and Biology, IUCr, Oxford Press: Oxford, 1999, 48.Google Scholar