Foregrounding equity in mathematics teacher education
- 699 Downloads
KeywordsMathematics Teacher Prospective Teacher English Language Learner Mathematics Teacher Educator Relevant Pedagogy
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
- Ford, D. Y. (2005). Welcoming all students to room 202: Creating culturally responsive classrooms. Gifted Child Today, 28, 28–30, 65.Google Scholar
- Gutiérrez, R. (2007, October). Context matters: Equity, success, and the future of mathematics education. Paper presented at the annual meeting of the North American chapter of the International Group for the psychology of mathematics education, University of Nevada, Reno, Nevada Online. Retrieved 2008-06-25 from http://www.allacademic.com/meta/p228831_index.html.
- Gutiérrez, R. (2009). Embracing the inherent tensions in teaching mathematics from an equity stance. Democracy and Education, 18(3), 9–16.Google Scholar
- Gutiérrez, R., Bay-Williams, J., & Kanold, T. (2008). Beyond access and achievement: Equity issues for mathematics teachers and leaders. NCTM News Bulletin.Google Scholar
- Hilliard, A. (2004). No mystery: Closing the achievement gap between Africans and excellence. In T. Perry, C. Steele, & A. Hilliard III (Eds.), Young, gifted and Black: Promoting high achievement among Black students (pp. 131–166). New York, NY: Beacon Press.Google Scholar
- Kozol, J. (1991). Savage inequalities: Children in America’s schools. New York, NY: Crown Publishers, Inc.Google Scholar
- Ladson-Billings, G. (1994). The dreamkeepers: Successful teaching for African-American students. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.Google Scholar
- Lipman, P. (2004, April). Regionalization of urban education: The political economy and racial politics of Chicago-metro region schools. Paper presented at the annual meeting of the American Educational Research Association, San Diego, CA.Google Scholar
- Martin, D. (2009). Liberating the production of knowledge about African American children and mathematics. In D. Martin (Ed.), Mathematics teaching, learning, and liberation in the lives of Black children (pp. 3–38). London: Routledge.Google Scholar
- National Council of Teachers of Mathematics. (2005). Closing the achievement gap. Retrieved from http://www.nctm.org/about/content.aspx?id=13490, December 5, 2011.
- National Council of Teachers of Mathematics. (2008). Equity in mathematics education. Retrieved from http://www.nctm.org/about/content.aspx?id=13490, December 5, 2011.
- Sleeter, C. E. (2011). An agenda to strengthen culturally responsive pedagogy. English Teaching: Practice & Critique, 10(2), 7–23.Google Scholar
© Springer Science+Business Media B.V. 2011