A new cyclodextrin-grafted viscose loaded with aescin formulations for a cosmeto-textile approach to chronic venous insufficiency
- 380 Downloads
Cosmeto-textile applications can be used in the treatment of chronic venous insufficiency in legs by means of elastic bandages loaded with natural products which possess flebotonic properties. We have developed an efficient synthetic procedure for the preparation of β-cyclodextrin (β-CD)-grafted viscose by means of a 2-step ultrasound-assisted reaction. The highly grafted fabric bearing bis-urethane bridged β-CD has been characterized by ATR-FTIR and CP-MAS spectra and by an empiric colorimetric method which used phenolphthalein as the CD guest. We have also developed a suitable cosmetic preparation containing natural substances and extracts (aescin, menthol, Centella asiatica and Ginkgo biloba) to recharge the CD-grafted textile. The efficacy of the new cosmeto-textile has been corroborated by in vitro studies of diffusion through membranes, cutaneous permeation and accumulation in porcine skin. Aescin was taken as a reference compound and its concentration in the different compartments was monitored by HPLC analysis. This cost effective cosmeto-textile shows excellent application compliance and is easily recharged and so has the strong base characteristics needed for possible industrial production.
KeywordsMenthol Skin Permeation Porcine Skin Donor Phase Chronic Venous Insufficiency
- 1.L. Ripoll, C. Bordes, S. Etheve, A. Elaissari, H. Fessi, e-Polymers; 2010, no. 040. ISSN 1618-7229.Google Scholar
- 3.Committee on herbal medicinal products (HMPC - EMEA), List of references for assessment of Aesculus hippocastanum L. Doc. Ref. EMEA/HMPC/225629/2008.Google Scholar
- 4.U. Siebert, M. Brach, G. Sroczynski, K. Űberla, International Angiology, 21, 305 (2002). INIST-CNRS, Cote INIST : 19982, 35400010791938.0010.Google Scholar
- 6.Buschmann HJ, Schollmeyer E. J Cosmet Sci. 2002;53:185.Google Scholar
- 7.Denter U, Bushmann HJ, Schollmeyer E. Textilveredlung. 1991;26:113.Google Scholar
- 9.A. Bereck. Adva Mater Res 93/94, 1 (2010) doi:10.4028/www.scientific.net/AMR.93-94.1.
- 11.J. Szejtli, B. Zsadon, E. Fenyvesi, O. Horvarth, F. Tudos, US Patent, 4357468 (1982).Google Scholar