Annealing effects on the performances of Bismuth-doped Indium Zinc Oxide thin-film transistors
- 132 Downloads
In this work, annealing effects on the characteristics of bismuth-doped indium zinc oxide (IZBO) thin films and the electrical properties of IZBO thin-film transistors (TFTs) were investigated. The X-ray diffraction results reveal that all the IZBO thin films have an amorphous structure regardless of different annealing temperatures. In addition, all the a-IZBO thin films exhibit high transmittance in the visible light region. It is found that the annealing temperature has strong influences on the performances of a-IZBO TFTs. The devices annealed at 400 °C exhibit optimum performances with a field effect mobility of 25.4 cm2 V−1 s−1, a subthreshold swing of 0.22 V decade−1, a threshold voltage of −1.4 V and an on-to-off current ratio of 4.3 × 107. Stability of the devices under positive bias stress and negative bias stress were studied as well.
This work was supported by the Science and Technology Commission of Shanghai Municipality (Grant No. 16JC1400603) and the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant No. 61471126).
- 5.S. Ruzgar, M. Caglar, The effect of Sn on electrical performance of zinc oxide based thin film transistor. J. Mater. Sci.: Mater. Electron. 30(1), 485–490 (2019)Google Scholar
- 13.P.K. Jha, P.A. Jha, P. Kumar, K. Asokan, R. Dwivedi, Defect induced weak ferroelectricity and magnetism in cubic off-stoichiometric nano bismuth iron garnet: effect of milling duration. J. Mater. Sci.: Mater. Electron. 25(2), 664–672 (2014)Google Scholar
- 14.D.R. Lide, CRC handbook of chemistry and physics (CRC Press, Boca Raton, 2004)Google Scholar
- 15.S. Pi, J. Yang, Y. Han, Q. Zhang, Investigation of bismuth doped indium-zinc-oxide thin film transistors. J. Fudan Univ. 56, 309–313 (2017)Google Scholar
- 20.K. Ide, K. Ishikawa, H. Tang, T. Katase, H. Hiramatsu, H. Kumomi, H. Hosono, T. Kamiya, Effects of base pressure on growth and optoelectronic properties of amorphous In–Ga–Zn–O: ultralow optimum oxygen supply and bandgap widening. Physica Status Solidi (a) 216(5), 1700832 (2019)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 23.M. Kumar, H. Jeong, D. Lee, Solution-processed ZnO thin-film transistors codoped with Na and F. J. Mater. Sci.: Mater. Electron. 29(15), 13058–13067 (2018)Google Scholar