Synthesis and characterization of YIG nanoparticles by low temperature sintering
Bi substituted YIG ferrite has been extensively researched because of its high electrical resistivity, high permeability and low processing cost. Therefore, it is particularly suitable for large-scale industrial production to make a variety of devices. In order to carry out low temperature sintering (below the silver melting point of 961 °C) for industrial production, the new technology of Bi substitution YIG by low temperature sintering was used. In this paper, Bi substituted YIG nanoparticles Y3−xBixFe5O12 (x = 0.4–1.2) were prepared by low temperature co-fired ceramics technology (LTCC). XRD displayed the growth of the pure phase. DSC, TEM, VSM and FMR revealed that crystallinity, shape, size and the sintering temperature were obviously related to Bi content. The result proved that the addition of Bi can obviously decrease the sintering temperature of phase formation and change magnetic properties. The turning point (x = 0.85) was the best Bi content. At this point, Ms and Hc reached maximum value and magnetic loss was minimal. Finally, by exploring resonance mechanism, we found that the Fano theory was the more suitable for fitting FMR asymmetry than Lorentzian, and obtained ∆H accurately.
This work was supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (No. 51132003).
- 1.S. Khanra, A. Bhaumik, Y.D. Kolekar, P. Kahol, K. Ghosh, J. Magn. Magn. Mater. 14, 369 (2014)Google Scholar
- 2.D. Eliyahu, L. Maleki, Int. Microw. Sym. Dig. 3, 2185–2187 (2003)Google Scholar
- 3.B. Heinrich, C. Burrowes, E. Montoya, B. Kardasz, Phys. Rev. Lett. 6, 107 (2011)Google Scholar
- 5.C.L. Ordonez Romero, O. Kolokoltsev, I. Gomez Arista, Bull. Am. Phys. Soc. 59 (2014)Google Scholar
- 7.M. Ristić, I. Nowik, S. Popović, I. Felner, S. Musić, Mater. Lett. 57, 16 (2003)Google Scholar
- 9.T.-T. Liu, M.-H. Wang, H.-P. Zhang, J. Mater. Sci. Mater. Electron. 8, 45 (2016)Google Scholar
- 10.L.M. Yang, Z.F. Zhang, J. Mater. Sci. Mater. Electron. 12, 42 (2013)Google Scholar
- 11.K.-S. Moon, H. Dong, R. Maric, S. Pothukuchi, A. Hunt, Y. Li, C.P. Wong, J. Mater. Sci. Mater. Electron. 2, 34 (2005)Google Scholar
- 13.K. Kawano, M. Kotsugi, T. Ohkochi, J. Magn. Magn. Mater. 57, 361 (2014)Google Scholar
- 14.B.D. Cullity, C.D. Graham, Introduction to Magnetic Materials, 2nd edn (Wiley, Hoboken, 2009), p. 326Google Scholar