Simple preparation of graphene-decorated NiCo2O4 hollow nanospheres with enhanced performance for supercapacitor
- 214 Downloads
Supercapacitor is a new kind of energy storage devices with characteristics of high power density, fast charge–discharge rate and long cycle life. In this paper, graphene-decorated NiCo2O4 hollow nanospheres (GE/NiCo2O4) were synthesized by a consecutive hydrothermal and sintering method for supercapacitor application. The structures and morphologies of the samples were characterized by XRD, SEM and TEM. The electrochemical properties of the electrodes were measured by CV, CDC and EIS. The testing results showed that the specific capacitance, rate capability and stability the GE/NiCo2O4 electrode are obviously improved in comparison to those of single NiCo2O4 electrode, which demonstrated that introducing graphene onto the surface of NiCo2O4 hollow nanospheres can produce high-performance composite electrode material for supercapacitor application.
Financial supports by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (21606052 and 21777034), Provincial Natural Science Foundation of Guangdong (2017A030313049), Excellent Young Teacher Training Project of Guangdong Province Education Department (YQ2015115), are gratefully acknowledged.
- 2.Z. Li, J. Che, B. Li, W. Luo, Z. Liu, D. Li, Preparation of carbon nanospheres/Fe3O4 composites and their supercapacitor performances. J. Mater. Sci. 28, 17388–17396 (2017)Google Scholar
- 3.Z. Li, Q. Liang, C. Yang, L. Zhang, B. Li, D. Li, Convenient preparation of nitrogen-doped activated carbon from Macadamia nutshell and its application in supercapacitor. J. Mater. Sci. 28, 13880–13887 (2017)Google Scholar
- 10.J. Yin, H. Zhang, J. Luo, M. Yao, W. Hu, High-boiling-point solvent synthesis of mesoporous NiCo2S4 with high specific surface area as supercapacitor electrode material. J. Mater. Sci. 28, 2093–2099 (2017)Google Scholar
- 11.Y. Zhang, Y. Sui, J. Qi, P. Hou, F. Wei, Y. He, Q. Meng, Z. Sun, Facile synthesis of NiCo2S4 spheres with granular core used as supercapacitor electrode materials. J. Mater. Sci. 728, 5686–5695 (2017)Google Scholar
- 31.M. Silambarasan, P.S. Ramesh, D. Geetha, Facile one-step synthesis, structural, optical and electrochemical properties of NiCo2O4 nanostructures. J. Mater. Sci. 28(1), 323–336 (2017)Google Scholar