Synthesis of W(3%)-doped CdS thin film by SILAR and its characterization
In this study, the structural, elemental, optical and photovoltaic properties of W(3%)-doped CdS thin film on a glass substrate at room temperature using the low-cost successive ionic layer adsorption and reaction (SILAR) technique were investigated. Based on the obtained -ray diffraction patterns, it was determined that the structure of W(3%)-doped CdS thin film is cubic compared with the standard data. The spectrum obtained from energy dispersive X-ray analysis revealed that the doping process is successfully carried out by the SILAR method. The band gap (Eg) of W(3%)-doped CdS thin film was observed with both optical absorption and photoluminescence measurements, which were higher than the pure CdS. Finally, the photovoltaic properties of W(3%)-doped CdS thin film grown on TiO2 coated on the fluorine doped tin oxide conductive glass by SILAR method at room temperature were examined by both current density–voltage and incident photon to current efficiency measurements. Consequently, it can be seen from the application point of view that W(3%)-doped CdS thin film can be used as a promising sensitizer in thin film sensitized solar cells.
- 2.N.N. Banu, K. Ravichandran, Analysis of sulphur deficiency defect prevalent in SILAR-CdS films. J. Mater. Sci.: Mater. Electron. 28, 11584–11590 (2017)Google Scholar
- 8.K. Pitchaimani, L. Amalaraj, S. Muthukumaran, Investigation of structural, photoluminescence and antibacterial behavior of Mn-doped and Co, Mn dual doped thin films by CBD method. J. Mater. Sci.: Mater. Electron. 27, 12021–12027 (2016)Google Scholar
- 19.P. Boieriu, R. Sporken, Y. Xin, N.D. Browning, S. Sivananthan, Wurtize CdS on CdTe grown by molecular beam epitaxy. J. Electron. Mater. 2, 718–722 (2007)Google Scholar
- 21.P. Mitra, S. Mondal, Structural and morphological characterization of ZnO thin films synthesized by SILAR. Prog. Theor. Appl. Phys. 1 (2013), 17–31Google Scholar
- 24.R. R.Kulkarni, M. Molladi, M. Hanagadakar, B. Doddamani, S. Santhakumari, Kulkarni, Ru-TiO2 semiconducting nanoparticles for the photo-catalytic degradation of bromothymol blue. J. Mater. Sci.: Mater. Electron. 27, 13065–13074 (2016)Google Scholar
- 26.S. Horoz, O. Sahin, Synthesis, characterizations and photovoltaic properties of Cr-doped CdS QDs. J. Mater. Sci.: Mater. Electron. 28, 17784–17790 (2017)Google Scholar