Optimal conditions for fabricating CIGS nanoparticles by solvothermal method
- 104 Downloads
CIGS nanoparticles (NPs) were synthesized by solvothermal method. The effects of using argon and nitrogen as autoclave atmosphere and also metallic indium (Inmet) and InCl3 as indium precursors at different temperature profiles on crystalline phase of the fabricated CIGS NPs were investigated. Results show that producing single phase CIGS in N2 atmosphere is not possible. In Ar atmosphere, CuIn0.5Ga0.5Se2 pure phase was formed only by using InCl3 as indium precursor. In addition to CIGS, CuGaSe2 can also be observed, but CIS phase is not formed by using this approach. The particle size in the range of 20–45 nm was detected by XRD and SEM images. UV–visible absorption spectrum showed a broad peak in UV–visible range. Also reported is the unusual behavior of the produced NPs in different atmospheres.
The authors are grateful to research council of the University of Kashan for providing financial support (Grant Number of 682128) to undertake this work.
- 6.H. Lu, C. Yang, C. Lu, J. Mater. Sci. Mater. Electron. 27, 10642 (2016)Google Scholar
- 7.Y. Lin, X. Peng, L. Wang, Y. Lin, C. Wu, S. Liang, J. Mater. Sci. Mater. Electron. 25, 461 (2014)Google Scholar
- 8.M.E. Mohsen, B. Mostafa, J. Mater. Sci. Mater. Electron. (2015)Google Scholar
- 24.C.J. Hibberd, M. Ganchev, M. Kaelin, K. Ernits, A.N. Tiwari, in 2008 33rd IEEE Photovoltaic Specialists Conference (PVSC), p. 1 (2008)Google Scholar
- 25.F. Babbe, L. Choubrac, S. Siebentritt, F. Babbe, L. Choubrac, S. Siebentritt, 82105, 1142 (2016)Google Scholar
- 26.D. Abou-ras, S.S. Schmidt, N. Schäfer, J. Kavalakkatt, T. Rissom, T. Unold, R. Mainz, A. Weber, T. Kirchartz, E.S. Sanli, P.A. Van Aken, Q.M. Ramasse, H. Kleebe, D. Azulay, I. Balberg, O. Millo, O. Cojocaru-mirédin, D. Barragan-yani, K. Albe, J. Haarstrich, C. Ronning, Phys. Status Solidi Rapid Res. Lett. 375, 363 (2016)Google Scholar