Effects of (Na1/2Nd1/2)TiO3 on the microstructure and microwave dielectric properties of PTFE/ceramic composites
- 134 Downloads
A study on polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) composites with Na1/2Nd1/2TiO3 (NNT) ceramic and E glass shorten fiber (E-GF) was described. The E-GF content was fixed at 5 wt.%, and the NNT content varied from 12.1 vol.% to 42.8 vol.%. This paper systematically introduced the preparation process of composites and the effects of NNT filling content on the properties of composites. The surface modification of ceramic powders was observed by Fourier Transform infrared spectroscopy (FTIR) and X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy (XPS), which proved that NNT surfaces have been modified by Perfluorooctyltriethoxysilane (F8261) successfully. When the NNT filling content was 42.8 vol.%, substrate material with a low water absorption of 0.12%, high dielectric constant of 9.45, low dielectric loss of 0.0024, and τε of -222 ppm/°C were achieved, which is of great reference significance for the miniaturization and integration of microwave devices.
This work has been supported by the Science and Technology Planning Project of Guangdong Province of China (No. 2017A010103001).
- 14.M.T. Sebastian, H. Jantunen, Polymer-ceramic composites of 0–3 connectivity for circuits in electronics: a review. Int. J. Appl. Ceram. Technol 7(4), 415–434 (2010)Google Scholar
- 18.L. Zhou, B. Tang, S. Zhang, Influence of Sn-substitution on microstructure and microwave dielectric properties of Na1/2Nd1/2TiO3 ceramics. J. Mater. Sci. 26, 424–428 (2015)Google Scholar
- 22.J. Gu, Y. Li, C. Liang, Y. Tang, L. Tang, Y. Zhang et al., Synchronously improved dielectric and mechanical properties of wave-transparent laminated composites combined with outstanding thermal stability by incorporating iysozyme/POSS functionalized PBO fibers. J. Mater. Chem. C 6(28), 7652–7660 (2018)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 28.Z. Fang, B. Tang, F. Si, S. Zhang, Influence of CeO2 on microstructure and microwave dielectric properties of Na1/2Sm1/2TiO3 ceramics. J. Mater. Sci. 27(2), 1913–1919 (2015)Google Scholar
- 30.I. Kagomiya, Y. Yamada, K. Kakimoto, Ohsato H. Microwave Dielectric Properties of NaxNd(2-x)/3TiO3 Solid Solutions. IEEE Trans. Compon. Packag. Manuf. Technol. Part B 55(12), 2582–2585 (2008)Google Scholar