Highly reactive lanthanum doped zinc oxide nanofiber photocatalyst for effective decontamination of methyl parathion
- 256 Downloads
Polyacrylonitrile (PAN) nanofibers were produced using electrospinning technique and La doped ZnO Nanorods was immobilized to enhance photo catalytic activity for the decontamination of organo-phosphorous compounds. La doped ZnO nanorods were synthesized by hydrothermal method and characterized by FTIR, XRD, SEM, TEM, TGA and BET studies. The photo catalytic decontamination studies were carried out to evaluate the catalytic activity using methyl parathion under UV irradiation method and 99.6% removal efficiency was obtained within 1 h reaction time. The secondary compounds were analysed using UV–VIS Spectrophotometer and confirmed by HPLC and GC-MS.
KeywordsMethyl Parathion HMTA Chemical Warfare Agent Side Chain Degradation Chemical Warfare Agent Simulant
The author Ms. Krishnasamy Lakshmi is thankful to DRDO, Ministry of Defence, Govt. of India, for providing financial support.
- 1.S. Upadhyay, K. Mukesh Sharma, K. Vepa Rao, K. Bijoy Bhattacharya, D. Sharda, R. Vijayaraghavan, Organophosphorous Compounds-Toxicity and Detection Approach (Defence research & development establishment, Gwalior, 2011), pp. 315–332Google Scholar
- 2.K. Usharani, M. Muthukumar, K. Kadirvelu, Int. J. Environ. Res. 6, 557–564 (2012)Google Scholar
- 5.M.S. Gaur, A.K. Sharma, P. Sharma, V. Mishra, R.K. Tiwari, SENRA Academic Publishers, Can. J. Pure Appl. Sci. 2, 581–587 (2008)Google Scholar
- 9.Z.-M. Huang, Y.Z. Zhang, M. Kotaki, S. Ramakrishna, Sci. Technol. 63, 2223–2253 (2003)Google Scholar
- 19.J.-H. Xu, S. Cui, C. Liu, 2nd International Workshop on Materials Engineering and Computer Sciences (IWMECS) (2015)Google Scholar
- 20.D. Sridevi, K.V. Rajendran, Optoelectron. Adv. Mater. Rapid Commun. 4, 1591–1593 (2010)Google Scholar
- 23.N.F. Djaja, R. Saleh, Mater. Sci. Appl. 4, 145–152 (2013)Google Scholar
- 24.R. Singh, P.B. Barman, D. Sharma, J. Mater. Sci. Mater. Electron. 28, 5705–5717 (2017). doi: 10.1007/s10854-016-6242-2
- 26.P. Hemalatha, S.N. Karthick, K.V. Hemalatha, M. Yi, H.-J. Kim, M. Alagar, J. Mater. Sci. 27, 2367–2378 (2016)Google Scholar
- 31.W. Pan, X.W. He, Y. Chen, Optoelectron. Adv. Mater. Rapid Commun. 4, 390–394 (2010)Google Scholar