Mesoporous three dimension NiCo2O4/graphene composites fabricated by self-generated sacrificial template method for a greatly enhanced specific capacity
- 422 Downloads
We reported a facile self-generated sacrificial template method for fabricating mesoporous three dimension NiCo2O4/graphene electrode material. Nickel, cobalt, and zinc ions dissolved in ethylene glycol reacted with potassium hydroxide solution to co-deposit onto graphene at 140 °C under atmospheric environment. With further addition of potassium hydroxide, zinc hydroxide as a self-generated sacrificial template was dissolved in situ, leading to the formation of mesoporous morphology. Structure and morphology characteristics were determined by X-ray diffraction, scanning electron microscopy, high-resolution transmission electron microscopy, and N2 adsorption experiments. Electrochemical properties were analyzed by AC impedance spectroscopy, cycling voltammetry, and charge/discharge test in 2 M KOH. Results showed that the as—prepared NiCo2O4/graphene electrode possessed a large specific surface area of 281.4 m2 g−1, an ultrahigh specific capacity of 1024.99 and 662.12 C g−1 at current density of 1 and 50 A g−1 respectively, and a long-term cycling life of 10,000 charge/discharge tests.
KeywordsSpecific Capacity High Specific Capacity NiCo2O4 Zinc Hydroxide Cyclic Voltammogram Curve
We gratefully acknowledge the funding support by Laboratory of Precision Manufacturing Technology, CAEP (Grant No. KF15003).
- 3.P.J. Hall, M. Mirzaeian, S.I. Fletcher, F.B. Sillars, A.J.R. Rennie, O. Shitta–Bey, G. Wilson, A. Cruden, R. Carter, Energy Environ. Sci. 9, 1238 (2012)Google Scholar
- 11.M. Zhou, Y. Deng, X. Liu, W. Hu, J. Mater. Sci.: Mater. Electron. 26, 6306 (2015)Google Scholar
- 21.K. Adib, M. Rahimi-Nasrabadi, Z. Rezvani, S.M. Pourmortazavi, F. Ahmadi, H.R. Naderi, M.R. Ganjali, J. Mater. Sci.: Mater. Electron. 27, 4541 (2016)Google Scholar
- 22.J. Yin, H. Zhang, J. Luo, M. Yao, W. Hu, J. Mater. Sci.: Mater. Electron. 28, 2093 (2017)Google Scholar
- 28.R.B. Waghmode, A.P. Torane, J. Mater. Sci.: Mater. Electron. 27, 6133 (2016)Google Scholar
- 32.H. Zhou, H. Zhai, G. Han, J. Mater. Sci.: Mater. Electron. 27, 2773 (2016)Google Scholar