Luminescent properties of single-phase Ba2P2O7:Tb3+, R (R = Eu2+, Ce3+) phosphors for white LED
- 141 Downloads
The Ba2P2O7:Tb3+, R (R = Eu2+, Ce3+) phosphors were synthesized by use of a co-precipitation method. Crystal phase, excitation and emission spectra of sample phosphors are analyzed by means of XRD and FL, respectively. The emission spectra of Ba2P2O7:Ce3+, Tb3+ phosphors exhibit four linear peaks attributed to the 5D4 → 7FJ (J = 6–3) transition of Tb3+ while four broad emission bands are observed in the emission spectra of Ba2P2O7:Eu2+, Tb3+ phosphors. The effects of Eu2+ concentration on the luminescent properties of Ba2P2O7:Tb3+, R (R = Eu2+, Ce3+) are studied. Ce3+ affects the luminescent properties of Ba2P2O7:Ce3+, Tb3+ phosphors just as the sensitizer. However, Eu2+ is considered both as the sensitizer and the activator in Ba2P2O7:Eu2+, Tb3+ phosphors. The chromaticity coordinates of Eu2+ and Tb3+ co-doped phosphors gather around the white light field with the CCT approximate to 5000 K, indicating that the luminescent property of Ba2P2O7:Eu2+, Tb3+ phosphors may approach to a desired level needed for white LED application.
KeywordsLuminescent Property Luminous Efficiency Broad Emission Band Correlate Colour Temperature Terminal Oxygen Atom
This work was supported by Open Project Foundation of Chongqing Key Laboratory of Micro/Nano Materials Engineering and Technology (Grant No. KFJJ1302).
- 4.J. Dwivedi, P. Kumar, A. Kumar, Sudama, V.N. Singh, B.P. Singh, S.K. Dhawan, V. Shanker, B.K. Gupta, RSC Adv. 4, 54936 (2014)Google Scholar
- 15.M.B. Xie, G.X. Zhu, R.K. Pan, D.Y. Li, D.J. Hou, J. Phys. D. 49 (2016)Google Scholar
- 17.F.W. Mo, R.F. Wang, Y.W. Lan, L.Y. Zhou, T. He, X.M. Xu, Synthesis and luminescent properties of M2P2O7:Eu3+ (M = Ca, Sr, Ba) phosphors, in New materials, applications and processes, Pts 1–3, ed. by J.M. Zeng, Y.H. Kim, Y.F. Chen (Trans Tech Publications Ltd, Stafa-Zurich, 2012), p. 978Google Scholar
- 21.V.V. Kokhanovskii, Russ. J. Inorg. Chem. 49, 459 (2004)Google Scholar
- 22.M. Yan, L. Xue, Y. Yan, J. Chin. Silic. Soc. 41, 342 (2013)Google Scholar