Hydrothermal synthesis and characterization of lead oxide nanocrystal in presence of tetradentate Schiff-base and degradation investigation of organic pollutant in waste water
Nowadays, lead oxide is one of the most important materials that have a lot of electrochemical and industrial applications such as oxidation of organic compounds in waste water, oxidation of phenol, Cr3+, and glucose, evolution of ozone, and as an electrocatalyst for salicylic acid. In this work, lead oxide nanocrystals were prepared by hydrothermal method in mild condition and the effect of various kinds of capping agent was investigated to achieve lower than 10 nm nanoparticle. Photocatalytic property of these nanoparticles in different dyes degradation under UV light was investigated. Nanoparticles were characterized by using X-ray diffraction, scanning electron microscopy, transmission electron microscopy, Fourier transform infrared techniques X-ray energy dispersive spectroscopy and Ultraviolet spectroscopy (UV–Vis).
KeywordsPbO2 Lead Oxide Lead Dioxide Salophen PbO2 Nanoparticles
Authors are grateful to the council of Iran National Science Foundation (INSF) and University of Kashan for supporting this work by Grant No. (159271/529).
- 7.L.X. Ding, F.L. Zheng, J.W. Wang, G.R. Li, Z.L. Wang, Y.X. Tong, Selected-contr Super-large dendrites composed of trigonal PbO2 nanoplates with enhanced performances for electrochemical devices, synthesis of PbO2 submicrometer-sized hollow spheres and Pb3O4 microtubes. Chem. Commun. 48, 1275–1277 (2012)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 21.L. Nejati-Moghadam, D. Ghanbari, M. Salavati-Niasari, A. Esmaeili-Bafghi-Karimabad, S. Gholamrezaei, Photo-degradation of organic dyes: simple chemical synthesis of various morphologies of tin dioxide semiconductor and its nanocomposite, J. Mater. Sci. 26, 6386–6394 (2015)Google Scholar
- 22.M. Goudarzi, D. Ghanbari, M. Salavati-Niasari, Room temperature preparation of aluminum hydroxide nanoparticles and flame retardant poly vinyl alcohol nanocomposite. J. Nanostruct. 5, 105–110 (2015)Google Scholar
- 23.A. Esmaeili-Bafghi-Karimabad, D. Ghanbari, M. Salavati-Niasari, H. Safardoust-Hojaghan, Microwave-assisted synthesis of SiO2 nanoparticles and its application on the flame retardancy of poly styrene and poly carbonate nanocomposites. J. Nanostruct. 5, 263–269 (2015)Google Scholar
- 26.M. Mousavi-Kamazani, M. Salavati-Niasari, D. Ghanbari, A facile solvothermal method for synthesis of CuInS2 nanostructures. J. Nanostruct. 2, 363–368 (2012)Google Scholar