Green synthesis and characterization of NaEuTi2O6 nanoparticles and its photocatalyst application
- 196 Downloads
In the current study, an attempt is made to synthesize NaEuTi2O6 nanoparticles via a green route with the aid of sodium nitrate, europium nitrate, and tetra-n-butyl titanate in an aqueous solution environment. Besides, the effect of several carbohydrates such as glucose, galactose, lactose and starch on the morphology and particles size of products was investigated. In addition, decolonization of methyl orange azo dye was performed in order to investigate NaEuTi2O6 nanoparticles photocatalysis application. The nanoparticles structure has been elucidated by X-ray diffraction analysis, scanning electron microscope, X-ray energy dispersive spectroscopy, and vibrating sample magnetometer. Photocatalysis results reveal that maximum degradation (90%) was occurred under UV light irradiation. DRS used to study the optical properties of NaEuTi2O6 nanoparticles.
KeywordsLactose Photocatalytic Activity Photocatalytic Degradation Methyl Orange Energy Dispersive Spectrometry
Authors are grateful to council of University of Arak for providing financial support to undertake this work.
- 1.V. Tajer-Kajinebaf, H. Sarpoolaky, J. Ultrafine Grained Nanostruct. Mater. 46, 39 (2013)Google Scholar
- 2.M. Behpour, M. Mehrzad, S.M. Hosseinpour-Mashkani, J. Nanostruct. 5, 183 (2015)Google Scholar
- 3.S.A. Khorramie, M.A. Baghchesara, R. Lotfi, ShM Dehagi, Int. J. Nano Dimens. 2(4), 261 (2012)Google Scholar
- 5.M. Behpour, S.M. Ghoreishi, M. Salavati-Niasari, N. Mohammadi, J. Nanostruct. 2, 317 (2012)Google Scholar
- 8.S. Farhadi, F. Siadatnasab, K. Jahanara, J. Nanostruct. 3, 227 (2013)Google Scholar
- 9.M. Behpour, M. Chakeri, J. Nanostruct. 2, 227 (2012)Google Scholar
- 10.V. Taghvaei, A. Habibi-Yangjeh, M. Behboudnia, Int. J. Nanosci. Nanotechnol. 7, 94 (2011)Google Scholar
- 11.M. Enhessari, M. Kargar-Razi, P. Moarefi, A. Parviz, J. Nanostruct. 2, 119 (2012)Google Scholar
- 12.S. Khaleghi, J. Nanostruct. 2, 157 (2012)Google Scholar
- 19.S. Kurra, N.K. Veldurthi, J.R. Reddy, C.S. Reddy, M. Vithal, J. Mater. Sci.: Mater. Electron. 27, 4149 (2016)Google Scholar