Terbium vanadate nanoparticles: synthesis different of morphologies through a new approach and its photocatalyst application
- 105 Downloads
This paper describes the synthesis of terbium vanadate (TbVO4) with different morphologies prepared through a new approach by using terbium nitrate hexahydrate, ammonium metavanadate and different capping agents. This study aimed to investigate the effects of different capping agents such as histidine, asparagine, and cysteine on the morphology, particle size, and crystal structure of final products. According to the vibrating sample magnetometer, TbVO4 nanoparticles indicated a paramagnetic behavior at room temperature. To evaluate the catalytic properties of nanocrystalline TbVO4, the photocatalytic degradations of methyl orange under ultraviolet light irradiation were carried out. X-ray diffraction, scanning electron microscopy, energy dispersive X-ray microanalysis and ultraviolet–visible spectroscopy were employed to characterize structural, morphological, and optical properties of TbVO4 nanoparticles.
KeywordsPhotocatalytic Activity Photocatalytic Degradation Methyl Orange Vibrate Sample Magnetometer Methyl Orange Solution
Authors are grateful to council of University of South Tehran for providing financial support to undertake this work.
- 1.F.S. Ghoreishi, V. Ahmadi, M. Samadpourc, J. Nanostruct. 3, 453 (2013)Google Scholar
- 2.M. Panahi-Kalamuei, M. Mousavi-Kamazani, M. Salavati-Niasari, J. Nanostruct. 4, 459 (2014)Google Scholar
- 5.J. Safari, Z. Zarnegar, J. Nanostruct. 3, 191 (2013)Google Scholar
- 6.M. Behpour, M. Mehrzad, S.M. Hosseinpour-Mashkani, J. Nanostruct. 5, 183 (2015)Google Scholar
- 8.E. Khosravifard, M. Salavati-Niasari, M. Dadkhah, G. Sodeifian, J. Nanostruct. 2, 191 (2012)Google Scholar
- 12.S. Miyazawa, Opto-Electron. Rev. 11, 77 (2003)Google Scholar
- 22.M. Rahimi-Nasarabadi, J. Nanostruct. 4, 211 (2014)Google Scholar
- 23.M.P. Mazhari, A. Abbasi, A. Derakhshan, M. Ahmadi, J. Nanostruct. 1, 99 (2016)Google Scholar
- 25.L. Nejati-Moghadam, A. Esmaeili Bafghi-Karimabad, M. Salavati-Niasari, H. Safardoust, J. Nanostruct. 5, 47 (2015)Google Scholar
- 26.M. Behpour, S.M. Ghoreishi, M. Salavati-Niasari, N. Mohammadi, J. Nanostruct. 2, 317 (2012)Google Scholar