Synthesis and characterization of some ferrite nanoparticles prepared by co-precipitation method
- 335 Downloads
Two different compositions of ferrites namely Ni0.53Cu0.12Zn0.35Fe2O4 and Mg0.2Cu0.3Zn0.5Fe2O4 have been synthesized by co-precipitation method and sintered at 900 °C/5h. The prepared samples are analyzed for their structural, morphology, elemental composition and magnetic properties by X-ray diffraction (XRD), scanning electron microscopy (SEM), X-ray fluorescence and vibrating sample magnetometer respectively. Spinel phase, along with the hematite as an additional phase, in both samples is confirmed from the XRD characterizations results. Rietveld refinement method is employed to analyze the structural parameters of the samples. Density and saturation magnetization have found to be increased from that of undoped sample values. Homogeneous distributions of particles and well defined particle sizes are revealed from SEM studies of the samples. Maximum entropy method is employed to compute the numerical value of various sites interactions in ferrites and the findings are compared and analyzed with that of magnetic studies.
KeywordsFerrite ZnFe2O4 Cation Distribution Maximum Entropy Method CuFe2O4
Compliance with ethical standards
Conflict of interest
The authors declares that they have no conflict of interest.
- 1.A. Bhaskar, S.R. Murthy, Effect of sintering temperature on the electrical properties of Mn (1 %) added MgCuZn ferrites by microwave sintering method. J. Mater. Sci.: Mater. Electron. 24, 3292–3298 (2013)Google Scholar
- 13.K. Kelm, M. Mader, The symmetry of ordered cubic γ-Fe2O3 investigated by TEM. Z. Naturfosch. 61b, 665–671 (2006)Google Scholar
- 19.V. Petřiček, M. Dušek, L. Palatinus, JANA2000, the crystallographic computing system (Institute of Physics, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Praha, 2000)Google Scholar
- 28.F. Izumi, R.A. Dilanien, Recent research developments in physics, Part II, vol. 3 (Transworld Research Network, Trivandrum, 2002), pp. 699–726Google Scholar
- 32.M.P. Reddy, I.G. Kim, D.S. Yoo, W. Madhuri, N.R. Reddy, K.V. SivaKumar, R.R. Reddy, Mater. Sci. Appl. 3(3), 628–632 (2012)Google Scholar
- 36.A.C. Druc, A.M. Dumitrescu, A.I. Borhan, V. Nica, A.R. Iordan, M.N. Palamaru, Optimization of synthesis conditions and the study of magnetic and dielectric properties for MgFe2O4 ferrite. Cent. Eur. J. Chem. 11(8), 1330–1342 (2013)Google Scholar