Optical, electrical, thermal and electrochemical studies of spin-coated polyblend-ZnO nanocomposites
- 199 Downloads
Ternary based Polyethylene oxide/Polyvinylpyrrolidone/Zinc oxide nanoparticle polyblend film was prepared by Spin-coat method on quartz substrates. The XRD study was carried out to investigate the structural phase and it was observed that crystallinity found decreases with increasing nano concentration. The surface morphology of the films was done using Scanning Electronic Microscope (SEM); images reveal substantial changes in the morphology. The optical energy band gap and Urbach energy are found to decrease with increase the dopant concentration. The transference numbers for ionic (tion) and electronic (tele) were evaluated using Wagner’s polarization technique. The frequency-dependent AC conductivity followed the Jonscher’s power law. The PEO/PVP-6 wt% ZnO composite showed a reversible electrochemical response up to 500 cycles. The obtained results represent that the ternary based solid polymer electrolytes are prominent materials for using solid state batteries and transparent optoelectronic materials and devices.
KeywordsPolymer Electrolyte Optical Conductivity Transference Number Urbach Energy Solid State Batterie
This work was financially supported by the University Grants Commission (project fellowship F.No. 41-879/2012/SR dated 25-07-2012) Delhi, INDIA, which is gratefully acknowledged.
- 2.K. Kabiri, H. Mirzadeh, M.J. Zohuriaan-Mehr, J. Appl. Polym. Sci. 116, 2548 (2010)Google Scholar
- 11.A. Bakry, Egypt. J. Solids 31, 191 (2008)Google Scholar
- 12.S. Ravichandran, Int. J. Nano Dimens. 4, 153 (2013)Google Scholar
- 16.S. Chapi, H. Devendrappa, J. Res. Updates Polym. Sci. 4, 205 (2015)Google Scholar
- 20.J.W. Robinson, E.M. Skelly Frame, G.M. Frame, Undergraduate Instrumental Analysis, 6th edn. (Marcel Dekker, New York, 2005)Google Scholar