Synthesis, characterization, and investigation magnetic and photocatalytic property of neodymium vanadate nanoparticles
This research reports a novel facile precipitation route for the synthesis of neodymium vanadate (NdVO4) nanoparticles with the aid of ammonium metavanadate, neodymium(III) nitrate and lucien as the starting reagents and water as the solvent. Moreover, lucien plays role as capping agent, reducing agent, and natural template in the synthesis of NdVO4 nanoparticles. The structural, morphological and optical properties of as-obtained products were characterized by techniques such as X-ray diffraction, scanning electron microscopy, energy dispersive X-ray microanalysis, and ultraviolet–visible spectroscopy. The magnetic properties of as-prepared NdVO4 nanoparticles were also investigated with vibrating sample magnetometer. To evaluate the photocatalyst properties of nanocrystalline NdVO4, the photocatalytic degradation of methyl orange under ultraviolet light irradiation was carried out.
KeywordsPhotocatalytic Activity Photocatalytic Degradation Methyl Orange Oxidative Dehydrogenation Methyl Orange Solution
Authors are grateful to council of University of Central Tehran for providing financial support to undertake this work.
- 2.M. Najafi, H. Haratizadeh, M. Ghezellou, J. NanoStruct. 5, 129 (2015)Google Scholar
- 3.M. Ahmadzadeh, M. Almasi-Kashia, A. Ramazani, J. NanoStruct. 5, 97 (2015)Google Scholar
- 4.F.S. Ghoreishi, V. Ahmadi, M. Samadpourc, J. NanoStruct. 3, 453 (2013)Google Scholar
- 6.A. Rahdar, M. Aliahmad, Y. Azizi, J. NanoStruct. 5, 145 (2015)Google Scholar
- 7.Z. Khayat Sarkar, F. Khayat Sarkar, Int. J. Nanosci. Nanotechnol. 7, 197 (2011)Google Scholar
- 8.P. Bakhshaei, A. Ataie, H. Abdizadeh, J. NanoStruct. 3, 403 (2013)Google Scholar
- 9.R. Raeisi Shahraki, M. Ebrahimi, J. NanoStruct. 2, 413 (2013)Google Scholar
- 10.M. Shakib Nahad, G. Mohammadi Ziarani, A. Badiei, A. Bananc, J. NanoStruct. 3, 395 (2013)Google Scholar
- 14.E.A. Maunders, L.G. DeShazer, J. Opt. Soc. Am. 61, 684 (1971)Google Scholar