Electronic and optical properties of amorphous GaSe thin films
- 239 Downloads
The eletronic and optical properties of amorphous GaSe thin films produced by vacuum evaporation were investigated using X-ray photoemission spectroscopy (XPS) and transmittance spectroscopy techniques. XPS measurements allowed the determination of the valence band energy and showed the chemical bonding and the charge transfer between Se and Ga atoms. Transmittance measurements allowed the determination of the optical gap, refractive index and extinction coefficient in the low and high absorption regions. Using the Wemple and DiDomenico single oscillator model we also found the oscillator and the dispersive energies. From the valence band and optical gap energies, the conduction band was found and an energy level diagram for f-GaSe is proposed.
KeywordsEnergy Level Diagram High Work Function High Absorption Region Valence Band Energy Static Refractive Index
We would like to thank the Brazilian agencies CNPq, CAPES and FAPESP for financial support, and LNLS for financial and technical supports (proposal SXS-10976).
- 1.S.M. Sze, K. Ng, Physics of Semiconductor Devices (Wiley, Hoboken, 2007)Google Scholar
- 4.G.B. Abdullaev, L.A. Kulevskǐ, A.M. Prokhorov, A.D. Savel’ev, E.Y. Salaev, V.V. Smirnov, JETP Lett. 16, 90 (1972)Google Scholar
- 6.E. Cuculescu, I. Evtodiev, M. Caraman, G.G. Rusu, J. Optoelectron. Adv. Mater. 8, 119 (2006)Google Scholar
- 16.T.P. McLean, Prog. Semicond. 5, 55 (1960)Google Scholar
- 19.F. Abelès, Optical Properties of Solids (Elsevier, North-Holland, 1972)Google Scholar
- 20.J.I. Pankove, Optical Processes in Semiconductors (Dover, New York, 1971)Google Scholar
- 22.N.F. Mott, E.A. Davis, Electronic Processes in Non-Crystalline solids (Pergamon Press, New York, 1971)Google Scholar