Synthesis, characterization and optical properties of gadolinium doped copper ferrite nanoparticles prepared by novel sol–gel method
- 212 Downloads
Gadolinium doped copper ferrite nanoparticles were successfully synthesized by via a novel sol–gel method with the aid of copper (II) nitrate, iron (III) nitrate, gadolinium (III) nitrate and starch without adding external surfactant. Moreover, starch plays role as capping agent, reducing agent, and natural template in the synthesis CuFe2−xGdxO4 nanoparticles. The as-synthesized CuFe2−xGdxO4 nanoparticles were characterized by means of several techniques such as X-ray diffraction, scanning electron microscopy, energy dispersive X-ray microanalysis and UV–Vis diffuse reflectance spectroscopy. The magnetic properties of as-prepared CuFe2−xGdxO4 nanoparticles were also investigated with vibrating sample magnetometer. To evaluate the photocatalyst properties of nanocrystalline CuFe2−xGdxO4, the photocatalytic degradation of methyl orange under ultraviolet light irradiation was carried out.
KeywordsPhotocatalytic Activity Photocatalytic Degradation Methyl Orange Energy Dispersive Spectrometry CuFe2O4
Authors are grateful to council of University of Central Tehran for providing financial support to undertake this work.
- 1.Z. Khayat Sarkar, F. Khayat Sarkar, Int. J. Nanosci. Nanotechnol. 7, 197 (2011)Google Scholar
- 2.M. Najafi, H. Haratizadeh, M. Ghezellou, J. NanoStruct. 5, 129 (2015)Google Scholar
- 3.M. Ahmadzadeh, M. Almasi-Kashia, A. Ramazani, J. NanoStruct. 5, 97 (2015)Google Scholar
- 4.F.S. Ghoreishi, V. Ahmadi, M. Samadpourc, J. NanoStruct. 3, 453 (2013)Google Scholar
- 6.A. Rahdar, M. Aliahmad, Y. Azizi, J. NanoStruct. 5, 145 (2015)Google Scholar
- 8.P. Bakhshaei, A. Ataie, H. Abdizadeh, J. NanoStruct. 3, 403 (2013)Google Scholar
- 9.R. RaeisiShahraki, M. Ebrahimi, J. NanoStruct. 2, 413 (2013)Google Scholar
- 10.M. Shakib Nahad, G. Mohammadi Ziarani, A. Badiei, A. Bananc, J. NanoStruct. 3, 395 (2013)Google Scholar
- 12.M.V. Berkovsky, F.V. Medvedev, S.M. Krakov, Magnetic Fluids: Engineering Applications (Oxford University Press, Oxford, 1993)Google Scholar
- 24.H. Zollinger, Color Chemistry: Synthesis, Properties and Applications of Organic Dyes and Pigments (VCH Publishers, New York, NY, 1987)Google Scholar